TP-Link TL-WR941HP version 2.0 Repeater problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-04 16:18:11
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Why does my TP-Link TL-WR941HP version 2.0 always disconnected from host router in repeater mode?

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WR941HP version 2.0 Repeater problem
2019-04-05 23:05:06

I have the same problem. The router works perfectly for a 2 or 3 hours and then I have to unplug and plug it again... 

Options
2019-04-09 06:37:36

Hi all,

Regarding to the unstable connection issue, how far away between the 941HP and main router? Have you setup different wifi name for 941HP? 

Besides, it is suggested to troubleshoot and narrow down the root cause as below instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2233.htm

Meanwhile, we need get some details: like the light status, the stability of the wired connection, whether you can get internet from the main router when 941HP stops working?

What is the IP/default gateway you obtained at that time and so on. Here is the instruction to get them: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/838/ 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link TL-WR941HP version 2.0 Repeater problem
2019-04-24 09:11:35 - last edited 2019-04-24 09:13:26

WR941HP regulalry loses signal to host router in repeater (RE) mode. Someties you try to connect to repeater and it says incorrect password and RE light is solid on and other times the RE light is flashing when the error occurs. Its very unreliable and you have to switch WR941HP on and off 3- 4 times a day. The distance to host router is 10 meters with strong 60dbi signal strength so the signal strength to host router is not a problem

When 941 stops working the host router is fine and still connected to internet

Default gateway on 941HP is 192.168.0.1 which is same as LAN ip address but i have enothing connected to 941HP LAN

I have different SSID name for 941HP wifi than the host router 2.4ghz SSID

Options
Re:Re:Re:TP-Link TL-WR941HP version 2.0 Repeater problem
2019-04-25 05:52:37

What is the host IP address of the host router? When the 941HP stops working, please check IP address and default gateway with  your device connected to it.

At the same time, please connect your device to the host router and check the IP address and default gateway.

Note: Please show us the screenshots of the status-details page so that we can do a comparison analysis. 

Besides, what is the current hardware and firmware version of 941HP?

Have a nice day. 

Dwainevan wrote

WR941HP regulalry loses signal to host router in repeater (RE) mode. Someties you try to connect to repeater and it says incorrect password and RE light is solid on and other times the RE light is flashing when the error occurs. Its very unreliable and you have to switch WR941HP on and off 3- 4 times a day. The distance to host router is 10 meters with strong 60dbi signal strength so the signal strength to host router is not a problem

When 941 stops working the host router is fine and still connected to internet

Default gateway on 941HP is 192.168.0.1 which is same as LAN ip address but i have enothing connected to 941HP LAN

I have different SSID name for 941HP wifi than the host router 2.4ghz SSID

Options
2019-11-05 23:40:24

@Kevin_Z I am curious to know what happen with this firmware router that after 3 to 4 hours working fine (or no working, in the case of ipv6), after everything change.

Seems to be very coincidence. I think its related.

Now my ipv6 have no connectivity, but now its a isp fault. On begin of use, using isp modem the ipv6 has connectivity immediately. Using router I get connectivity only after several hours (more than 2).

Media server e etc stop to work.

And now Iam reading this case.

I have seen on log event the service qos start and stop, firewall service start and stop after hours working without change anything. 

After some this reloads something wrong should happen. I don't know why. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2738

Replies: 5

Related Articles