WR710N with captive portal?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-08 10:30:43
Model: TL-WR720N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

If I use my travel router TL-WR710N in WISP mode, will this work if the ISP is using a captive portal?

Where can I login to the captive portal once I have connected to the WISP network?

Thanks,

GJ

Options
2 Reply
Re:WR710N with captive portal?
2019-04-09 03:36:06

it depends on many reasons, such as authenticate server, I think.

I own a travel router as well, some hotels it work, some are not, I mean hotels wifi with captive portal.

If it work, I can open a website on any one device and it will lead to the authenticate page, once I pass it using the code, all devices connect to the travel router can access internet.

Options
Re:WR710N with captive portal?
2019-04-09 07:58:49

Hi,

It varies on different situations, sometimes it will work with the wifi with captive portal, while sometimes it does not work. 

Once it works, with one device access the authentication page and pass it with the credentials, all devices connect to it will be able  to access internet.

Good day. 

GRJ wrote

Hi,

If I use my travel router TL-WR710N in WISP mode, will this work if the ISP is using a captive portal?

Where can I login to the captive portal once I have connected to the WISP network?

Thanks,

GJ

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2598

Replies: 2

Related Articles