Wifi Failure when Laptop is close to Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-08 17:40:40
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a unique situation that I need some help resolving. My home wifi network consists of a AC1720 Wifi Router located with an Amped Access Point connected via hardline. 1 desktop has a hardline connection to the AC1720, and our TV has a hardline connection to the Amped Access point.

The network functions properly and I haven't had any issues except when I try to use a laptop within 5 feet of the router. The router will lose internet conductivity within a few minutes when a laptop is in close proximity to the router, and when I trouble shoot the error I get an "Invalid Gateway" error. I have to move the laptop at least 10-15 feet away from the router, do a hard reboot on the router, and then everything comes back up. The router will not lose internet conductivity if the laptop remains at least 10 feet away from the router.

I have recreated this issues with 3 different laptops, and the network always goes down within 5-10 mins. We have a printer wirelessly connected to the network the same distance from the router, and it does not cause this issue. Tablets and phones usually cause issues the issue as well with the execption of my wifes iPhone 4 (I have no idea why this specific device does not crash the netwrok). I've disconnected the Access Point, and the problem still remained so I don't think it is a symptom of the access point. 

I'm away from my home network right now, and don't have all of my system information available at the moment but I wanted to see if anyone has had a similiar issue with a router and how the issue was resolved.

Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi Failure when Laptop is close to Router
2019-04-10 17:54:45 - last edited 2019-04-12 17:42:57

CBirmin wrote

I have a unique situation that I need some help resolving. My home wifi network consists of a AC1720 Wifi Router located with an Amped Access Point connected via hardline. 1 desktop has a hardline connection to the AC1720, and our TV has a hardline connection to the Amped Access point.

The network functions properly and I haven't had any issues except when I try to use a laptop within 5 feet of the router. The router will lose internet conductivity within a few minutes when a laptop is in close proximity to the router, and when I trouble shoot the error I get an "Invalid Gateway" error. I have to move the laptop at least 10-15 feet away from the router, do a hard reboot on the router, and then everything comes back up. The router will not lose internet conductivity if the laptop remains at least 10 feet away from the router.

I have recreated this issues with 3 different laptops, and the network always goes down within 5-10 mins. We have a printer wirelessly connected to the network the same distance from the router, and it does not gimp freejobalert cause this issue. Tablets and phones usually cause issues the issue as well with the execption of my wifes iPhone 4 (I have no idea why this specific device does not crash the netwrok). I've disconnected the Access Point, and the problem still remained so I don't think it is a symptom of the access point. 

I'm away from my home network right now, and don't have all of my system information available at the moment but I wanted to see if anyone has had a similiar issue with a router and how the issue was resolved.

Any suggestions?

I am also facing the same after updating to the latest firmware. But now happening even after i have rolled back the previous firmware.

Need help with this. Help is appreciated.

Regards,

Shane

Options
Re:Wifi Failure when Laptop is close to Router
2019-04-11 05:44:53

Hi,

That is a little weird, our engineer has contacted you via email, if you are available to do further troubleshooting, please notice your inbox.

Good day. 

CBirmin wrote

I have recreated this issues with 3 different laptops, and the network always goes down within 5-10 mins. We have a printer wirelessly connected to the network the same distance from the router, and it does not cause this issue. Tablets and phones usually cause issues the issue as well with the execption of my wifes iPhone 4 (I have no idea why this specific device does not crash the netwrok). I've disconnected the Access Point, and the problem still remained so I don't think it is a symptom of the access point. 

Any suggestions?

Options
Re:Re:Wifi Failure when Laptop is close to Router
2019-04-11 05:47:31

BrianLowe wrote

I am also facing the same after updating to the latest firmware. But now happening even after i have rolled back the previous firmware.

Hi,

What is the model number of your router? And its hardware and firmware version?

Meanwhile, could you please give us a detailed descriptiono of the current problem? Like network topology, the specific symptoms and so on.

Thanks in advance. Nice day. 

Options