Deco M9 Queries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Queries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 Queries
Deco M9 Queries
2019-04-09 20:54:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI,

I'm seriously considering the Deco M9 mesh solution for home usage. However, I have a few queries:-

My ISP is Sky, which uses MER (DHCP Option 61) in the Router. My Router is a Draytek Vigor 2860 which works well (there is no separate Modem)...

So, I assume that I cannot just dump the Draytek, but need to put the Draytek into Bridge mode, and connect the Deco main unit to the Draytek as a wired connection. How can I set up the Vigor into Bridge mode... and does this impact the Internet performance anyway?

I do have the option of a Sky Q router, but I hear that doesn't support Bridge mode anyway.

Hope you can advise,

Ian

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Queries
2019-04-10 02:34:31

Hi,

You can setup Draytek into bridge mode, while for the configuration, it is suggested to contact their tech support cause we are not familiar with the Vigor router. 

With it works as bridge and connect to the Deco M9 plus by wired cable, as my knowledge, it won't affect the performance and the internet should be working properly as well. 

Meanwhile, if the router does not support bridge mode, it can work with Deco M9 plus as well; first you can setup Deco m9 as router mode ( there will be 2 DHCP servers); or you can setup Deco M9 plus as access point mode to create the mesh network.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Iconic wrote

HI,

I'm seriously considering the Deco M9 mesh solution for home usage. However, I have a few queries:-

My ISP is Sky, which uses MER (DHCP Option 61) in the Router. My Router is a Draytek Vigor 2860 which works well (there is no separate Modem)...

So, I assume that I cannot just dump the Draytek, but need to put the Draytek into Bridge mode, and connect the Deco main unit to the Draytek as a wired connection. How can I set up the Vigor into Bridge mode... and does this impact the Internet performance anyway?

I do have the option of a Sky Q router, but I hear that doesn't support Bridge mode anyway.

Hope you can advise,

Ian

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 789

Replies: 1

Related Articles