TP-Link Archer C6 V2 - Revert to Stock firmware from OpenWRT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-10 11:22:24
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all, i need help with restore original FW, from OpenWRT.
Can you help me someone?

Thanks!

Options
13 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C6 V2 - Revert to Stock firmware from OpenWRT
2019-04-11 03:11:14

Hi,

Sorry to tell you that we are not familiar with the 3rd party firmware, we are afraid that there is not much we can do. You may search online.

Meanwhile, please notice the statement regarding to the update of 3rd party firmware. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

Good day. 

AidenShaw wrote

Hi all, i need help with restore original FW, from OpenWRT.
Can you help me someone?

Thanks!

Options
2019-04-11 03:37:13

flash dd-wrt first, then flash offical firmware? not sure if it works on your model

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C6 V2 - Revert to Stock firmware from OpenWRT
2019-04-15 02:38:22

Hi,

Basically, we do not suggest flash third party firmware that is not from TP-LINK official website. 

If you need to use Open WRT for seom reason, we cannot provide any help to do that since we do not familiar with that. It is suggested to cotnact with the owner of the Open WRT and see if they can help you to flash to their firmware. With Open WRT running on TP-LINK router, technical support will be invalid since we do not know how their firmware works. It is hard to help you to flash back to our offical firmware. You need to consult this from Open WRT owner as well.  And please note that if you flash to Open WRT, you may lose the warranty service from TP-LINK. It is strongly not suggested to do that.

Good day!

Options
2019-09-17 06:29:46

@AidenShaw 

If you bricked your router, you have to remove flash chip from motherboard and reflashing puttin in the eprom programmator.

TP link admin know exactly how to unblick, but they are not allowed to replay.

There is no good ddwrt firmware for Archer C6 at all. There is open wrt but in beta phase. 

Options
2019-09-17 09:27:35

@AidenShaw 

Someone replied you that, you have to Desoldering flash chip and reprogram it via the programmer 
Strongly recommended that "DO NOT DO THAT"!!!! you may not have enough knowledge in electronic or how to Desoldering  flash chip on PCB  it's a final solution if you can't debrick your router via TFTP  check it out

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/cant-boot-tftp-recovery-archer-c6-v2/36487

Options
2019-09-17 16:28:17

@David.1983 

Agree. 

Options
2020-05-16 03:36:40

@AidenShaw 

You need to follow the openwrt instructions for flashing thru tftp for this model, the only difference is that you will flash the orginal firmware. It works, I have done it several times on my Archer C6 v2 US. Should be the same for EU, RU, TW. Just be sure to flash the correct image.

It is good to have real sqm, but the 5g signal on openwrt is not the best in this model, so I keep going back and forth hoping for a fix.

Goo luck!

Options
2020-06-24 19:02:37
@N00bz0r did you try the snapshot version through openwrt ? could you send me the link for firmware of stock c6 v2 us version. Thankx buddy
Options
2020-06-24 19:29:24

@coolguyy636 will send over pm

Options
2020-07-26 16:00:56

In my case, I know exactly how to rollback from OpenWRT to stock firmware,

The only problem is that there's no published firmware available for my model/region (Archer C60 V3/Brazil). And the TP-Link support is of no help at all.

How do we do in these cases?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 29561

Replies: 13