how to change the network owner

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-10 19:05:22
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.20

I have been pre-testing three Deco P7 units at my place before installing it at my friend's house, so I created the network using my TP-Link ID and became an owner. Now, after I moved the units into my friend's place I would like to pass the ownership to my friend as well. Is it possible?

Options
10 Reply
Re:how to change the network owner
2019-04-11 02:22:50

Hi,

Please refer to the below instruction to change the owner account. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2398/

Good day. 

risa2000 wrote

I have been pre-testing three Deco P7 units at my place before installing it at my friend's house, so I created the network using my TP-Link ID and became an owner. Now, after I moved the units into my friend's place I would like to pass the ownership to my friend as well. Is it possible?

Options
Re:Re:how to change the network owner
2019-04-11 07:31:23

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

Please refer to the below instruction to change the owner account. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2398/

I have already seen this FAQ but I believe this addresses a different problem. I do not want to change the owner account in my Deco app. I want the Deco app (in my phone) to be still linked to my TP-Link ID (account). What I want is transfering the ownership of the network I currently own to someone else (some other TP-Link ID).

I imagine that if I delete the network and my friend rebuilds it from the scratch while using the Deco app in her phone linked to her TP-Link ID it should work, but I would prefer if there was an easier way to do it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:how to change the network owner
2019-04-11 07:54:15

Hi,

You may misunderstand, change the owner account means that you transfer the ownership of the network to  your friend; after that, your friend can install Deco app on her phone with her TP-Link ID to manage the Deco units.

You still can login to the Deco app with your TP-Link ID, but the Deco network won't be bound to your ID anymore. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-04-11 08:45:18

Alright, then I guess I indeed misunderstood the FAQ. Now, the FAQ says

please confirm the account you want to change to is not registered on our cloud server

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean my friend should not create TP-Link ID prior to me making the change in my Deco app?

And what happens to my TP-Link ID after I change the email address in my Deco app to my friend's one? The FAQ says that

After you changed the E-mail address, the old account will be an unregistered account automatically. The account password still the same as before.

What does it exactly mean that the account is registered or unregistered?

Options
2019-04-15 02:04:51

Hi,

Sorry for the confusing caused.

please confirm the account you want to change to is not registered on our cloud server. Does it mean my friend should not create TP-Link ID prior to me making the change in my Deco app?

It means the new account (friend's account) you are going to change to is not registerred on deco app before.  So, your friend should not register a TP-LINK ID before you change the email on deco app. If he/she has created TP-LINK ID already on his/her deco app on phone, you will fail to change the email address to your friend's account.

If he/she has registerred a TP-LINK ID already,and you want to change the email to your friend's, there is another way to meet your needs.

So, on your deco app, click on Internet icon on main page, then click on top right corner and choose delete this network. After that, all the Deco devices will be reset to default factory and you will not be able to control Deco devices.

Then your friend can login to deco app with his/her own TP-LINK ID, and configure the Deco device from very beginning like the following guidance:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-p7/

And what happens to my TP-Link ID after I change the email address in my Deco app to my friend's one? 

After you switch the account on deco app to your friend's, your account will be unbound to the Deco devices and you will  not be able to manitor the Deco devices any more. And if you need to configure Deco app in the future, then you can choose to register on deco app like this:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1439/

Good day!

Options
Re:Re:Re:how to change the network owner
2019-04-15 16:07:48
Ok, thanks. Now it makes sense.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:how to change the network owner
2019-04-16 12:17:24

Hi,

Thanks very much for your valuable reply. 

Any further question about Deco, can reply to us and we will try to help.

Good day!

Options
2020-06-15 14:27:55

@Kevin_Z 

Ok I understand what it says, So, on your deco app, click on Internet icon on main page, then click on top right corner and choose delete this network. After that, all the Deco devices will be reset to default factory and you will not be able to control Deco devices. Now I have 2 networks under one TP-link ID and want to delete one. The question now is, will both networks be reset? Or just the one I remove.

Thanks Tony Broekhof

Options
2020-06-26 02:22:22

Hi what if the tp link deci ownerships is change without the owners knowledge & im as the iwner cant assess tru my hp?

Options
2020-12-15 15:44:02 - last edited 2020-12-15 15:45:06

I am wondering if this option is still available? I am running iOS Deco app version 2.4.13 and I am trying to follow the details in FAQ https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2957/ but there is no change owner option when I click on the "Internet" icon and then the three dot icon in the Deco view. The only option I get are: Set Main Deco, Delete or Cancel.

Can someone advise if there is a different way to transfer the ownership of the Deco's and setup network? Or do you have to reset the Deco on the base of the unit to transfer device ownership?

I have a pair of Deco M9 Plus devices both running firmware version 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel 75286

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4145

Replies: 10

Related Articles