Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-08-15 01:27:59
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-08-15 02:25:59

hey, is there a way to set up TFTP server on mac? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-08-15 09:17:59

Hey, the setup procedures are the same, but a little more complicated. 

While there is no step by step instruction for Mac; you can try to google it online or grab a Windows computer to do so. 

Options
Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-08-17 22:15:17

No luck. is there any alternative way? @Kevin_Z I really would like to update my router to the latest CA firmware to resolve some 2.4ghz issues..

Thanks.

Options
Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-09-06 23:50:40

Same issue, I have an archer c7 3.15.3 Build 180305 Rel.51282n (EU firmware), I want to instal US firmware a lots of my devices don't recognize the 5GHz network.

Please help me!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-09-09 13:22:37

could you please email me the fix as well?, thanks!

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

I emailed you the instruction to update the firmware, please notice your inbox.

Any updates, please let me know. 

Good day. 

iblastoff wrote

it was bought in Canada. the firmware has definitely been upgraded since then. maybe the wrong US version was installed by mistake? either way, i'd like to install the proper CA version but it wont let me, which is bizarre.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-09-10 07:31:19

@mendi2015 

What is the country version of the actual device? Which you can find it on the back panel, is it EU version of US version?

If it is EU version, it is not suggested to install the US firmware; you can adjust the wireless channel of the 5GHz and verify whether it can be detected. 

Besides, you can hard reset it.

For the firmware recovery instruction, you can refer to: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/582

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-09-10 13:28:44

Hi @Kevin_Z , as you can see there is no specification for US or EU, I know that it was using the US firmware (I installed it), then I installed the EU firmware and then some of my devices stopped recognizing the 5GHz network, I already did a hard reset with no luck at all, same 5GHz issue.

So can I use the recovery mode to load the US firmware?

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?-Solution
2019-09-11 06:07:06 - last edited 2020-07-10 02:35:51

@VanTS  @Justfrancis 

Hello all,

To whom may have an issue flashing the latest firmware published on the local CA website for the model Archer C7(CA)_V2, it is suggested to refer to the below firmware recovery instructions to flash the correct firmware:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/582

However, for others who own an Archer C7(EU)_V2, it is not suggested to use this TPTF recovery to flash your device, as it would ruin it and will be against the warranty.

Best regards. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C7 v2 (CA) has wrong region firmware installed. How to fix?
2019-09-11 23:48:34

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi,

I emailed you the instruction to update the firmware, please notice your inbox.

Any updates, please let me know. 

Good day. 

iblastoff wrote

it was bought in Canada. the firmware has definitely been upgraded since then. maybe the wrong US version was installed by mistake? either way, i'd like to install the proper CA version but it wont let me, which is bizarre.

@Kevin_Z 

Options
Related Articles