Long ping and voip problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-18 09:21:38 - last edited 2019-04-18 09:22:58
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi,

Maybe you will be able to help me.

I'm encouring a problem for the moment with my router C5400X. All was fine few weekds ago and since about 1 months, i've sometimes a long ping on the internet in Wifi connection (2.4 and 5 ghz)

Sometimes I have to wait up to 1 min for the page begin to load. I have not this problem with wired connection.

Sometimes, it works perfectly. Initially, i was thinking that it comes from wifi policy on my smartphone but all smartphones have this problems. In addition, voip call and instant messaging (like viber or messenger) does not work properly. Sometime (not every time but often), the call does not reach the smartphone connected to the router and message not too.

I try to deactivate security options, put the concerned device in high priority, try 2.4 and 5 ghz but still not working. There is between 20 and 25 devices connected to the router in the same time. I suppose it can assume this.

My speed is quite normal compared to what I supposed to have with my ISP. the ping with my wired device is like 10-15 ms. When i have this problem,the speed test fail because impossible te reach the server error.

There is no update available

Can you help me please.

Thank you

PS : excuse me for my bad english, it is not my mother tongue.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Long ping and voip problem
2019-04-19 01:55:20

Hi,

Please tell me the current network topology/diagram. 

Cause the C5400x does not support VOIP function, how did you make VOIP call? could you please provide more details about the VOIP issue and the instant message problem?like some specific problem symptom.

Please connect your device to the wifi network and show us a screenshot of the ping result; and the picture of speed test at that time; we would like to check whether there is any error message.

Besides, what is the current hardware and firmware version? 

Have you changed any wifi settings  to give it a go? Like change a fixed channel for them, 1,6 and 11 for 2.4Ghz, 36, 40 and 44 for 5GHz, meanwhile, you can change channel width as well, 40MHz for 2.4GHz, 80MHz for 5GHz. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Long ping and voip problem
2019-04-28 11:40:39

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

My C5400x is connected to the internet via my modem provided by my ISP (configured in bridge mode). The C5400x is set in "router mode" and about 25 devices are connected (5 by ethernet).

As wrote in my first message, the problem appear only with instant app messaging like viber, whatsapp or messenger. When I'm in 4G, and sending a message to someone who is connected to the wifi of the C5400x, the message does not arrive until the wifi connection is turn off on the mobile. Same for call, the call dos not arrive with wifi connection. I don't have this problem with other wifi connection.

The hardware version is 1.0 et firmware is 1.1.0 Build 20180904 rel.41828(4555).

For now, when i am trying to check new version available, I have an error who says that it can not connect to the cloud server.

I try to change the channel width for 2.4 ghz to 20 mhz instead of auto but no change. The canal selection is set to auto. I check interferencies of the wifi but there is not (not a lot of wifi available in my neighbour). At start, all was working well. These problems appeared one day, without changing any parameters. I also tried to change the QOD parameters to focus on messaging and surf but nothing...

With speed test, my ping 16 ms and there is not error message, but the time to load pages still long sometimes (even the ping is short). The message still not arrive as well.

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Long ping and voip problem
2019-04-29 07:24:34

Hi,

Our engineer will contact you to follow up, if you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please notice your inbox. 

Have a nice day. 

horus35 wrote

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

My C5400x is connected to the internet via my modem provided by my ISP (configured in bridge mode). The C5400x is set in "router mode" and about 25 devices are connected (5 by ethernet).

As wrote in my first message, the problem appear only with instant app messaging like viber, whatsapp or messenger. When I'm in 4G, and sending a message to someone who is connected to the wifi of the C5400x, the message does not arrive until the wifi connection is turn off on the mobile. Same for call, the call dos not arrive with wifi connection. I don't have this problem with other wifi connection.

The hardware version is 1.0 et firmware is 1.1.0 Build 20180904 rel.41828(4555).

For now, when i am trying to check new version available, I have an error who says that it can not connect to the cloud server.

I try to change the channel width for 2.4 ghz to 20 mhz instead of auto but no change. The canal selection is set to auto. I check interferencies of the wifi but there is not (not a lot of wifi available in my neighbour). At start, all was working well. These problems appeared one day, without changing any parameters. I also tried to change the QOD parameters to focus on messaging and surf but nothing...

With speed test, my ping 16 ms and there is not error message, but the time to load pages still long sometimes (even the ping is short). The message still not arrive as well.

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Long ping and voip problem
2021-09-29 12:08:10

@horus35 

if you are having this issue with official WhatsApp the I think you have to try this FMWhatsApp Apk to solve your issue, because when I also had a same with it I also used it and My problem got solved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1477

Replies: 4