Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-21 23:01:36
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently bought a Archer T4U v3 USB Adapter, and everytime i boot my computer the driver resets from the official TP-Link Driver to a generic Realtek Driver, which causes massive packet loss in my connection making it impossible to use. Is there a way to prevent windows 10 from switching the drivers everytime i boot? The only workaround i found was to repair the TP-Link driver through the app, but everytime i reboot the Realtek gets installed again.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek
2019-04-22 11:52:08

Hi,

What do you mean that the driver resets from the official TP-Link Driver to a generic Realtek Driver?

Have you ever installed the generic Realtech driver except the TP-Link official one? 

And may I know how do you find it? Any pictures we can refer  to? 

Did you try to update the driver or reinstall it?

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek
2019-04-22 13:58:23

Everytime i reboot the PC i get the usb disconnected and connected sound and the driver changes from the TP-Link to a Realtek. When i repair the driver with the TP-Link application, the driver changes to the correct one, and it works fine when i do that, but when i reboot the pc, the driver gets overwritten by the realtek one and i get massive packet losses with it.

I never installed any realtek driver, windows 10 installed it automatically when i inserted the usb adapter on the pc for the first time, and even if i try to uninstall this driver it gets installed again.

Heres the driver that gets installed everytime over the tp-link one:

And the TP-Link driver when i repair it:

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer T4U V3 Driver keeps rolling back to Realtek
2019-04-24 07:44:52

Hi,

Please disable the automatica driver updates on Windows 10 and install the TP-Link official driver. You can refer to the below instruction: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10 

After that,please take some time to test whether it works fine. 

Any updates, just let me know.

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-26 00:11:51 - last edited 2020-02-26 00:14:12

@Kevin_Z I texted you yesterday, this is almost the same problem as I described In the other thread

The drivers needs to be fixed , they roll back and disabling windows updates can't be a solution please.

In my case they roll back to a generic from Microsoft that has the same iss

Options
2020-02-28 08:59:11

@L4nz  @Kevin_Z 

This seems to be the same problem as discribed here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/189060

Options
2020-03-01 02:30:14

@KnutK 

Got tired of waiting and fighting with this device. I tried every trick I know.

I recommend all just to stop fighting with this and windows. Maybe works on OSX and Linux.

Never again TPLINK for me.

Options
2020-05-04 15:54:44

@L4nz This is indeed the worst product I have ever had. It's clearly a flaw in the drivers. What a crap. Last time tp-link for me as well.

Options
2020-07-19 08:56:53

@TNascimb to everyone who's having issues when using the T4U, don't use the TP-Link provided drivers, are CRAP, the most understandeable thing is to know wich chip uses the T4U V3, and thats in fact a Realtek RTL8812BU

So the next thing is to downoad Realteks driver (https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software)

Then delete Archer T4U software, and make a custom driver install from over the windows default via Dev Manager.

THIS FIXES ALL ISSUES WITH THE INTENDED DEVICE, JUST REMEMBER, when selecting the drivers for W10X64 it will provide a lot of drivers for Realtek products, search and install RTL8812BU.

Options
2020-08-05 17:42:04

@Lincer556 I have tried to download the link you provided but I am unable to install the driver via device manager. I tried to install using the setup after extracting the folder but the network adapter T4U V3 has no response.

This is what I did to prevent the roll back to Microsoft's driver from another forum. Solution is to prevent Windows from automatically upgrading drivers (System -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings -> No)

Basically disable windows from updating the drivers automatically. To me, the TP-link drivers are definitely better than the Microsoft's driver but TP-Link's driver will spike every 20 seconds or so. 

I also changed channel for my 5Ghz to less than 149 and I think it is more stable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5624

Replies: 9