Mac osx - Ethernet had self assigned up address - wont connect to interbet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-11 06:49:16
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Bt broadband

Ethernet has a self assigned IP Address and will not connect to the internet.

I am on - Mac os X - 10.7.5

Using a BT Broadband Router, my power mac is connected to the network via TP-Link Plug POWERLINE. This has worked great for ever!

A week ago, my web connection dropped, network settings say "Ethernet 1 is active and has a self assigned IP Address and will not connect to the internet"

This seems to be a popular thread and I have followed all the answers I can find and the problem remains.

I also run a Powerbook on the wireless internet and other appliances such as, iPads, iPhones, and the wireless is fine.

My sky box and Xbox 360 (both ethernet via TP-Link) also have NO connection.

When I turn my laptops wireless off and try the ethernet cable (tried a new one too) instead, there is the same SELF-ASSIGNED IP ADDRESS issue.

This point me to the router or TP-Link network. I have replaced the router, same errors.

On my Powermac I have -
Deleted 'system configuration from the system folder - as advised by apple.
Tried swapping from DCHP, DCHP Manual and renewing lease etc.

Could anyone help at all? I am lost now as how to solve the problems.

All my TP-Link power line extenders show the correct lights, i.e., all on and yellow.

I am not experienced in networks, this is driving me mad now!

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
A
Options
2 Reply
Re:Mac osx - Ethernet had self assigned up address - wont connect to interbet
2012-12-11 08:32:29
Really a frustrated thing when trying to figure out the problem in network. All lights on the TP-LINK are yellow and on, this seems OK. How about try to reset the TL-PA211KIT and see if they can communicate with each other. The recourse CD can do the reset and trouble shoot for the home plugs.
Options
Re:Mac osx - Ethernet had self assigned up address - wont connect to interbet
2013-01-18 21:17:04
If this was me I would do one to one and keep trying that way to see if u can sort it that way.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3028

Replies: 2