Deco M9 PLus Configs Backup?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-28 14:03:40 - last edited 2020-02-11 07:04:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi,

I can't see this anywhere - I have now got my deco up and running and set up all my port forwarding and MAC<>IP binds etc is there a way to back up the config so that if anything happens and I have to reset the device in the future that I can restore the config rather than having to re-set it all from scratch?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M9 PLus Configs Backup?-Solution
2020-02-11 07:04:21 - last edited 2020-02-11 07:04:31

Hi @Bolin07 and all,

We have noted your requests and forwarded it to our product department, they will calculate the numbers of the received feedback and evaluate the feasibility then.

And hard reset and reconfigure the Deco is not the only way, if there is any problem you met with the Deco products, be free to contact us and then we can try to find another solution to fix it.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
34 Reply
Re:Deco M9 PLus Configs Backup?
2019-04-29 06:36:02

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no option to back up the config files yet, while we have reminded our R&D colleagues and they are working on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

You can keep an eye on official website or Deco app for more info. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 PLus Configs Backup?
2019-05-01 10:30:28

thanks Kevin - is there an official 'feature requests' section in the forums so maybe people can also vote on the features to help prioritise them etc?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 PLus Configs Backup?
2019-05-03 07:04:25

Hi,

You can email to feedback.deco@tp-link.com with your suggestions. And then our agent will handle it. 

Good day. 

lucozadenrg wrote

thanks Kevin - is there an official 'feature requests' section in the forums so maybe people can also vote on the features to help prioritise them etc?

Options
2019-11-18 14:53:48
Count me in for this feature. I spent almost 2 days setting up all my DHCP reservations, port forwarding, device types, and matching up all my known MAC addresses. P.S. I sent an email to feedback.deco@tp-link.com with the feature request as well. Hopefully more people request it.
Options
2019-11-19 07:55:35

@NetworkAdmin 

Thanks for your requesting, I have noted that and we will forward it to our product engineer. 

You can wait for the updates. 

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-29 06:08:23

@Kevin_Z I've also sumitted a feature request for this vital function.  It looks like some of your other routers have this ability.  After spending days setting up address reservations and still have some port forwarding to do, I'd hate to have the start over if I had some sort of hardware failure.

Options
2020-01-20 04:52:41
Yep, would really appreciate this for my M5 setup too !
Options
2020-01-21 14:11:51

@MarkHNZ Oh just wait until the main node crashes and never comes back up and you have to hard reset it and re-setup not just your settings but every node, too. Nuts! I'm just gobsmacked that they shipped a router without a config backup mechanism. I'm beyond annoyed.

Options
2020-01-22 02:41:57

@jbrockerville @MarkHNZ 

Hi all, per you know, the Deco does not support config backup feature; and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by it. 

We will forward your requests to our product department and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

You can keep an eye on the Deco app or official websites for updates.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-22 08:32:59

@Kevin_Z   See post #2 4/28/19.  Deja vu all over again.  How can such a critical feature that is included on other tp-link routers not be part of the M9 on day one?

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 7183

Replies: 34

Related Articles