TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday
2021-04-20 02:51:13 - last edited 2021-04-20 02:58:54

@Kevin_Z 

@Gonzaga 

@Swapnil11 

I don't think I need to pay a technician what ? a couple of hours ? of his time to not get anywhere. I better save that money for a new one.

I'm a power user myself, I'm a software engineer and web developer, there is no fix for this, i have lived with this frequent problem for 18ish months. it is more evident now that my children spend hours in voice chats with their friends playing multiplayer online games, and notice voice call hangs, the game hangs up, or lately we got streaming services that hang up. I put my PC's GPU to mine and also is more noticeable every time it says it cannot resolve the pools server domain name/reach the ip.

I think is easier to buy a new one since this specific model/brand is broken.

-
Today had another incident, after the post also had some others incidents and pluckily I was logged in in the status page in the router at the time and I was able to refresh the page and see the cpu usage to 100%, something I did suspect about it but was not able to confirm it until now.

-

Today's incident took very long time to restore itself (does not need reset it gets back by itself). I checked again wired devices were able to browse internet but not able to load the login page of the router. wireless clients were fucked up.

Definitely a not recommend router.

-

what should do the local tech support person ? that I cannot ?

can you provide specific trouble shooting steps so I can don't know generate a log, dump logs, telnet to it and check its status during the next incident.

The problem is not reproducible you have to wait until it come up. I just was hoping it was a well-known issues on how to fix this but clearly you don't even know what this problem is about. Many people report it, you think it is a user's end problem and only offers dead-ends, or you are pretty aware your product is fucked up but you don't care about customer's experiences.

Options
Re:TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router hangs everyday
2021-04-20 05:47:43

@Andres1122 

We understand this can be frustrating and as much as I want to help It seems that the only option you can do now is to go directly send your concern to the local support team, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles