Feature request M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Feature request M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Feature request M4
Feature request M4
2019-05-02 11:03:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Would like some features in the M4.

Change LAN IP and DHCP Pool

Assign IP adresses outside DHCP pool to reservations.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Feature request M4
2019-05-02 23:38:51

I understand the LAN IP change request - others have asked for that and TP-link have told us it will be in a future update (no date yet.. :-( )

But what do you mean by "Assign IP adresses outside DHCP pool to reservations"?  If an address is not in the pool it won't be issued to a client, so there's not much point in reserving it.  Did you want to create mutliple pools - so that you can have a discontiguous range(s)?  Or did you just want somewhere to record static addresses you issued to machines on your network so you don't forget which ones you have used? 

Options
2019-05-03 07:19:51

Hi,

The M4 does not support to change LAN IP yet, while we have reminded our R&D colleagues and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility. 

Meanwhile what do you mean by assigning IP address outside the DHCP Pool to address reservation? The clients need to be on the same subnet otherwise they are not on the same network and cannot communicate with each other. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Rico-NL wrote

Would like some features in the M4.

Change LAN IP and DHCP Pool

Assign IP adresses outside DHCP pool to reservations.

Options
2019-05-03 11:23:00 - last edited 2019-05-03 11:24:23

Well first the scope has to be configurable.

Then also with exclusion ranges. 

For example i want my dhcp scope from 100-200 but certain devices i want to have a reservation like .10 or . 253

So config a scope from 1-254. Make exclusions for 1-100 and 200-254.

Then make a reservation for some devices in the exlusion ranges.

Options
Re:Re:Feature request M4
2019-05-05 10:04:26

Hi,

We cannot change the DHCP range for M4 yet, and for your address reservation request, if you want to assign the IP address in the exlusion ranges for some specfic devices, you can setup static IP address which in the same subnet of the Deco and it will work.

Good day. 

Options
2019-05-06 16:06:28

Hi , 

I also own a user of M4 which bought 2 set recently ( 1 for myself use , 1 for my customer ) , which i found this issue can't change the IP yet which cause unuseable on the IPCAM host purpose . Hope the R&D team will release the new firmware to add LAN IP features. And if can add the speedtest back same as M5 got this button too!

Thanks.

Options
2019-05-06 21:39:23

I have a set of 2 M4 and i just bought 1 M5 to get some extra range.

I put the M5 as master and the 2 M4 as slave devices.

Now i can change the LAN IP and also the DHCP range. So the M5 can do it but the M4 does not.

To give a device a reservation outside the normal dhcp scope give it a fixed ip on the desired ip. Then in the DECO app give it a reservation and it will stay on that ip after turning dhcp on on that device.

Options
2019-05-07 01:31:25

Hi, 

We have reminded our R&D team about these requests, and they are working on it and evaluate the feasbility.

You can keep an eye on official website or Deco app for updates. 

Have a nice day. 

Jacky_Wong wrote

Hi , 

I also own a user of M4 which bought 2 set recently ( 1 for myself use , 1 for my customer ) , which i found this issue can't change the IP yet which cause unuseable on the IPCAM host purpose . Hope the R&D team will release the new firmware to add LAN IP features. And if can add the speedtest back same as M5 got this button too!

Thanks.

Options
2019-05-07 01:33:13

Hi,

Yes, it is right, we can change the LAN IP and the DHCP range on M5 or M9 plus now, but M4 does not yet. 

Actually, if you  give a fixed IP for a specific device, you do not have to give it a reservation on the router anymore. You can choose one of them.

Have a nice day.

Rico-NL wrote

I have a set of 2 M4 and i just bought 1 M5 to get some extra range.

I put the M5 as master and the 2 M4 as slave devices.

Now i can change the LAN IP and also the DHCP range. So the M5 can do it but the M4 does not.

To give a device a reservation outside the normal dhcp scope give it a fixed ip on the desired ip. Then in the DECO app give it a reservation and it will stay on that ip after turning dhcp on on that device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1026

Replies: 8

Related Articles