Deco m5 Apple homekit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m5 Apple homekit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco m5 Apple homekit
2020-07-14 17:09:47

@Colson please explain? 

Options
2021-01-02 21:44:58

For anyone that still looking for how to make this work, just connect your Philips HUE Bridge to your main Deco using the Ethernet cable.

I did it and HomeKit now recognize all my devices even if I'm connected to different nodes.

Options
2021-06-09 15:39:34

@tony-ek I had issues adding some homekit devices that only supported 2.4 band.  What I did was temporarily force the routers to only broadcase in 2.4 and added them from my ipad (for some reason it wouldn't add from my iphone and I suspect it may have been related to LTE augmentation).  Once they were added I switched the routers back to dual band and they worked.  

tony-ek wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Could we have that answer in simle terms / English please. Thanks.

What have LIFX bulbs [and their incompatability with Deco] got to do with Apple? 

The two links you provided have nothing helpful [or indeed ANYTHING] to say about LIFX bulbs. It's not helpful if you are trying to 'promote' a product.

On the substantive matter, Garyk:

I have the same issue. It relates i think to the fact that DecoM5 uses two channels/freqs: 2.4 and 5. And LIFX only uses 2.4. One possible solution is to seperate the two channels and rename them [seperately], and then choosing the deco2.4 channel for your bulbs. The problem here is that for all other devices, users will have to choose one channel from two [instead of one with two freqs]. I would suggest [sorry about this] keepong Deco simple and buying Phillips bulbs [which work perfectly on both 2.4 and 5. 

As for devices not working on homekit also make sure you have a homekit hub connected to the same network (apple TV, Homepod or ipad that stays in the house). locally some devices will work from their native app via bluetooth, but you need a hub to operate them remotely or via wifi in most instances.

hope that helps

Options
Related Articles