Deco antivirus is blocking iOT devices discovery

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-04 08:09:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: Latest

I’ve noticed that many of my domotics issues was caused by the Deco antivirus. My devices are using SSDP simple service discovery protocol to discover the nodes, and Deco is blacklisting them. Also udp broadcasts from Alexa are blocked. This is crazy. Only traffic to the internet should be blocked not internal udp communications between devices. What kind of security is this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco antivirus is blocking iOT devices discovery
2019-05-05 03:05:22

Hi,

How do you know that the IOT devices discovery has been blocked? Does it show up on the Antivirus history page?

Note: Open Deco app, tab on the “envelope ” icon and you can see the history messages. Please take a picture and export to us. 

With Antivirus function disabled, can you discover the nodes via the simple service discovery protocol? 

Any updates, please let me know. 

Have a nice day. 

Stefanoss wrote

I’ve noticed that many of my domotics issues was caused by the Deco antivirus. My devices are using SSDP simple service discovery protocol to discover the nodes, and Deco is blacklisting them. Also udp broadcasts from Alexa are blocked. This is crazy. Only traffic to the internet should be blocked not internal udp communications between devices. What kind of security is this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 822

Replies: 1