Guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Guest network
Guest network
2019-05-08 07:54:21
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I made a guest network, but it shows all my divises, while I never gave them acces to the guest network

is there a way to solve this ?

br.

Denenes

Options
4 Reply
Re:Guest network
2019-05-08 08:01:03
Sorry, wrong form
Options
Re:Re:Guest network
2019-05-08 10:09:44

It seems that you have your Guest network with no password. It's open and anyone can connect to it. Maybe you could set password for it.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Guest network
2019-05-09 12:05:03
Selin is correct, be sure to use passwords and the wireless security (WPA2 and encryption) Also be sure to use a different SSID than the other networks. Also most devices that have used a specific SSID and password combo remember it, so you may need to make it "forget" or "delete" it from the WIFI list or use unique SSID and passwords from any other uses and never use the default.
Options
Re:Guest network
2019-05-10 09:16:51

Hi, 

Like Selin said, please check whether the guest network is open, otherwise all the devices can connect to it without password. 

Meanwhile, you can login to the web UI and create a password for the guest network and then test whether it works. 

Have a nice day. 

Denenes wrote

Hi,

I made a guest network, but it shows all my divises, while I never gave them acces to the guest network

is there a way to solve this ?

br.

Denenes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 4

Related Articles