Can you add a gaming router to a modem-router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-08 19:20:01
Model: Archer CR1900  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello I read the archer CR1900 was a good modem, I know it does router as well, but can I switch off the router feature on it? And  connect it to an external router, because I want to buy a gaming router (which will be futureproof obviously) and use the external gaming router as the main router, (and as it got vpn feature as well on it).

Options
9 Reply
Re:Can you add a gaming router to a modem-router?
2019-05-10 11:08:12

Hi,

The CR1900 supports bridge mode, you can use it to synchronize the front-end coaxial cable connection and then connect another external router to it to get internet and works as the main router. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Shokol8 wrote

Hello I read the archer CR1900 was a good modem, I know it does router as well, but can I switch off the router feature on it? And  connect it to an external router, because I want to buy a gaming router (which will be futureproof obviously) and use the external gaming router as the main router, (and as it got vpn feature as well on it).

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Can you add a gaming router to a modem-router?
2019-07-10 11:28:57
Hi, my problem was solved by replacing the cable
www.autozarrin.com
Options
Re:Re:Re:Can you add a gaming router to a modem-router?
2019-07-12 06:45:16

@autozarrin 

Great to know that. Congrats. ^_^

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Can you add a gaming router to a modem-router?
2020-01-15 11:51:30
Awesome. It solved my problem as well.
Options
2020-03-17 17:42:08

@Shokol8 

Thanks for your discussion. I got lot of my desired information through you people conversation. Keep going with health and informative discussions to solve the technical issues of such users.

Options
2020-03-24 02:20:35

@Shokol8 let me check bro.

Options
2020-08-11 07:48:20

@Shokol8 didn't even think about this. awesome idea!

Options
2020-10-10 12:36:11

@Shokol8 connect a separate router to your modem with an Ethernet cable via its LAN port and the router will get a public IP address from the modem, sending traffic back and forth and functioning as a standard router. ...you can often disable Wi-Fi on the combined modem/router, which will leave you with only single Wi-Fi network.

Reagrds 

https://unlockmytv.fun/unlockmytv-apk-download/
Options
2020-11-13 16:06:36

@Shokol8  Same question, I wanted to ask about the modem-router. Thanks. https://www.wikiresult.com/search/label/Pakistan%20Results

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1866

Replies: 9

Related Articles