Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-13 03:21:57 - last edited 2020-11-16 01:17:00
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I just bought the Deco M5 last friday and managed to setup the device. Unfortunately, encounter the issue which is the router doesn't allow Astro Decoder to connect via WiFi and Xiaomi camera as well. Astro and Xiaomi able to find the SSID, unfortunately that while enter the correct password for the SSID. it won't be allow to connect it and giving the IP address. Then both device will be keep appear to enter the WiFi. End up, the Deco can only become AP instead of full router. Basically, the deco M5 having so much problem with your software and issue. It need to be quickly resolve, likewise better don't sell it to market. I will be go more forum to complain about TP-LInk device which having so much problem and the helpdesk unable to resolve and push the issue to other device which is so unprofessional. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera-Solution
2020-07-12 14:43:32 - last edited 2020-11-16 01:17:00

@Harmon 

Just disable the 5GHz radio, meaning you run your Deco on 2.4GHz only. That should allow the Astro PVR (by Pace) to connect to the Deco.

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera
2019-05-14 08:27:49

Hi,

What about other wireless devices? Are they able to join the network? 

Below are some suggestions you can give it a shot.

1. Please set QoS as standard. Open Deco app, go to more-Qos.
2. Please clear all high priority. In QoS page you can see device priority, click high priority and then you can clear them.

3. Try to disable fast roaming.

Meanwhile, you mentioned that there are some problem with the software and issue, could you please give us more details so that we can work on it and try to fix it. 

May it help and have a nice day.

Options
2019-05-17 15:03:14

For the xiaomi camera, did you try to turn off 5ghz? It worked on my end, i was able to connect all the xiaomi camera.

However for the Astro decoder, i am having the same problem, cant connect at all.

There is no device are set as high priority, fast roaming are disabled. Please advice on how to solve this problem.Thanks

Harmon wrote

I just bought the Deco M5 last friday and managed to setup the device. Unfortunately, encounter the issue which is the router doesn't allow Astro Decoder to connect via WiFi and Xiaomi camera as well. Astro and Xiaomi able to find the SSID, unfortunately that while enter the correct password for the SSID. it won't be allow to connect it and giving the IP address. Then both device will be keep appear to enter the WiFi. End up, the Deco can only become AP instead of full router. Basically, the deco M5 having so much problem with your software and issue. It need to be quickly resolve, likewise better don't sell it to market. I will be go more forum to complain about TP-LInk device which having so much problem and the helpdesk unable to resolve and push the issue to other device which is so unprofessional. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera
2019-05-20 00:44:39

Hi,

Are you able to connect the Astro decoder to the guest network? 

Meanwhile, with it connects to the host wifi, is there any error message? Have you ever contacted their tech support to get some specific help cause they are more professional about their products?

Have a nice day. 

yusheng wrote

For the xiaomi camera, did you try to turn off 5ghz? It worked on my end, i was able to connect all the xiaomi camera.

However for the Astro decoder, i am having the same problem, cant connect at all.

There is no device are set as high priority, fast roaming are disabled. Please advice on how to solve this problem.Thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera
2019-05-20 03:34:35 - last edited 2019-05-20 03:34:51

Yes i have created a guest network for it, but still have problem connecting. It says that please configure the router to accept this connection.

Previously, i don't have any problem for my astro decoder to connecting to wifi. I tried to connect it to my hotspot from my phone and has no problem connecting to both 2.4ghz and 5ghz channel. So i guess this has eliminate the problem is coming from the decoder itself.

Just that it is unable to connect to deco m5 wifi

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera
2019-05-20 07:19:45

Hi,

Thanks for your valued reply.

May I know the model number of the Astro decoder?

Meanwhile, it is suggested to disable the anti-virus feature on the Deco app and give it a go. 

Any updates, please let me know.

Good day. 

yusheng wrote

Yes i have created a guest network for it, but still have problem connecting. It says that please configure the router to accept this connection.

Previously, i don't have any problem for my astro decoder to connecting to wifi. I tried to connect it to my hotspot from my phone and has no problem connecting to both 2.4ghz and 5ghz channel. So i guess this has eliminate the problem is coming from the decoder itself.

Just that it is unable to connect to deco m5 wifi

Options
2020-03-10 05:57:37

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I am also facing the same issues with the astro pvr decoder. Tried all the above mentioned tips and still is not working. Has anyone come up with a solution yet? 

Options
2020-03-28 08:58:23

@Kevin_Z 

I have tried all the tips provided above but I'm still unable to connect my Astro PVR to my Deco M5.

I have also spoken to Astro's technical support but given that the error message clearly states that "Please ensure that the password is correct and the WiFi router is configured to accept this connection", Astro technical support said the issue is with my router and not with decoder. Also, as a previous user has stated, my Astro decoder has no issues connecting to my mobile hotspot connection.

I hope you can respond with a solution to this issue as it's frustrating that I can no longer utilise the IPTV service which I paid for with Astro because I decided to buy your product.

For your reference, my Astro decoder model no. is DPH5000NA.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Options
Re:Deco M5 - Unable to connect for Astro Decoder & Xiaomi Camera-Solution
2020-07-12 14:43:32 - last edited 2020-11-16 01:17:00

@Harmon 

Just disable the 5GHz radio, meaning you run your Deco on 2.4GHz only. That should allow the Astro PVR (by Pace) to connect to the Deco.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-04 01:59:40

@JLJC 

JLJC wrote

@Harmon 

This is the solution that resolved my astro connection to wifi. I'm using Deco M4 and as default both 2.4ghz and 5 ghz are enabled in the Deco app. So disabled the 5ghz in app, reconnect astro to wifi. Success. Then go back to Deco app, re-enable 5Ghz and still astro connected to wifi. Thank you for this workaround! 

Options
2020-11-15 22:56:16

@JLJC Resolved. Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4835

Replies: 12