Configured in PPPoE mode never connects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-26 22:04:03 - last edited 2019-05-26 23:00:47
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 18052018

I configure the modem of my ISP in "Bridge" mode so that the control is taken by the TP-Link archer C7 router, the type of connection is PPPoE

I configure this connection type with username and password but it never connects

The weirdest thing is that if I configure a connection in PPPoE in Windows it works correctly...

When I buy the router, I configure it and it worked ok for a while, (approximately 1 month) and then I never achieve the connection again.

Thanks for your help !

Options
5 Reply
Re: Configured in PPPoE mode never connects
2019-05-27 06:10:36

Hi,

It is suggested to connect your computer to the Archer C7 by wired cable and login to the web page of it.

Then go to advanced-network-internet to clone the computer's mac address. 

After that, you can test whether you can access internet or not. 

If still the same, you can contact your ISP to confirm is there any special settings at their end, like mac binding or mac filtering.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re: Configured in PPPoE mode never connects
2019-05-27 19:09:02 - last edited 2019-05-27 19:09:31

Thanks for your time, I will try to clone the MAC of my notebook although I think I had done it.

Other users with the same ISP and same router do not have this problem

regards

Sebastian.

Options
Re:Re:Re: Configured in PPPoE mode never connects
2019-05-28 03:31:02

Hi Sebastian, 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

Please take your time to do a test, and you can try to reset the router and clone the mac address again. 

Note: Please ensure that the notebook connects to the main router by wired cable 

Any updates, please let me know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re: Configured in PPPoE mode never connects
2019-05-31 01:11:55

I followed the indicated steps and stays connected for a few minutes and then loses the connection.

My ISP says it does not require any special configuration in bridge mode and has asked me to do the test by creating a PPPoE connection on my Laptop and if it works.

please I'm very worried about not being able to connect my Archer!

Thanks for your help!

Options
Re:Re: Configured in PPPoE mode never connects
2019-05-31 03:00:57

So can I say it worked for a while after you cloned the mac address and then lost connection again? 

Have you cnnfirmed whether the connection is stable with dialed up on your computer?

Meanwhile, you can try to make the modem as modem router mode and setup the PPPoE connection on it and check the performance. 

Please ensure that the current firmware is up to date. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2035

Replies: 5

Related Articles