Why the TP-Link hate for home use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-03 18:34:32
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've seen a lot of people in enthusiast forum/community always tell people to stay away from TP-Link product. I personally own some their routers and switches (only unmanaged one) and never had any problem.

Today I went to my parents house to check on their computer/networking I installed for them and I notice that the TP-Link (TL-WR841n flashed with OpenWRT) router I bought for like $15 has been up for more than 200 days without any problem, signal is also very decent for a $15 router.

People are saying their software sucks, maybe they are right but I've own router from another budget brand like D-Link, ZTE, Tenda, Netgear and it's more of the same shitshow and I don't see any other brand beating TP-Link in price-performance ratio so why the hate?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why the TP-Link hate for home use?
2019-06-03 20:29:15 - last edited 2019-06-03 20:31:24

I have a switch (TL-SG1005D) and it has worked absolutely flawless for over 2 years now. I also have a router (Archer C1200) and I find the firmware lacking to be polite. There's no wifi schedule - Something you can find on even the cheapest Asus routers. Oh and I also have (I completely forgot) an Archer T6E wifi card. This has worked flawless as well for over 3 months, but I really wish they'd update the drivers for it.

Options
Re:Re:Why the TP-Link hate for home use?
2019-06-10 02:12:33

Hi,

Thanks for your support, glad to hear that these TP-Link devices work well. for the wifi schedule feature and new driver, we will report our R&D team and they will work on it. 

You can keep an eye on official website. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 2

Related Articles