TL-WA850RE only allows 8 concurrent connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-08 03:29:48
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20180503 Rel. 53410(8583)

Hello,

I just got a new TL-WA850RE range extender. I followed the instructions on how to set it up via the Tether app. However, it only allows 8 devices to connect. I checked the IP address pool, it should actually allow up to 200 users and I dont see any settings that says that it only allows 8 devices. DHCP is set on auto so it should not be a problem. However, I noticed that the assigned IP address has its last octet in random, it is not sequence. Not sure though if that matters but most of the time I think it should actually be in sequence.

Also, the manual does not say anything about only allowing a certain number of connections. Is it really just limited to 8 devices? How can I fix it to allow more than 8 devices. Need help on how to resolve this. Thanks in advance and I appreciate all your thoughts on this. 

Thanks, 

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE only allows 8 concurrent connections
2019-06-09 06:37:24

Hi,

FYI, the devices connected to the extender will obtain IP address from the main router automatically, the IP can be assigned randomly, not in sequence.

Meanwhile, for the TL-WA850RE V6, the maximum wireless clients is 8, that is why you can make 8 devices connect to it only. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-29 23:13:41

@Kevin_Z

That is very disappointing and I would not have purchased this if I had known. It took extensive searching to find out that only 8 connections are supported. I first kept looking a the client devices and rebooting. Then finally realized it was the extender and only 8 devices are supported. Can you show me where this is noted in any manaul or product desciption?

Options
2020-02-04 19:08:51
I agree, I'm having the exact same issue with the 8 client limit. I'm really disappointed and may actually dump this extender in the trash and buy a new one just to get a better client count. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU TPLINK!
Options
2020-02-05 13:50:31

@Moe_ 

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

Considering the TL-WA850RE is a single band extender, the capacity is weaker than the dual band ones. And to ensure its performance, it is limited that up to 8 devices can connect to it.

You can return it and get a stronger unit.

Thanks for your kindly understanding in advance. Good day.

Options
2020-06-23 17:32:25

@khaleeluna 
same problem with a 855RE very disappointed with this.
tpLink must make known about this limitation 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5790

Replies: 5