Connecting 2.4ghz smart devices to Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-11 09:52:41
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.

Have just purchased these. I have set up the network ok but cannot get smart lights and plugs to connect to the network. They all connected perfectly well to the main router modem or a wifi extender before Deco came on the picture. They all refuse to connect saying they need a 2.4ghz connection.

I have searched through these foums and seen others with the same problem and the suggested solution is to disable the 5ghz band and then connect - however I can see no way of doing that on the Deco app. Is there any way to do this with the E4 models? The firmware is all up to date as is the app itself.

Not particularly impressed so far - initially had problems connecting any device save for an Android phone - this seemed to be because the Decos will not connect with a complex wifi password - reduced the length of the password and Windows/IOS and amazon devices then connected (they all  worked fine with complex wifi passwords before too).

Any help will be appreciated otherwise these are going back.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connecting 2.4ghz smart devices to Deco E4
2019-06-12 00:50:37

Hi,

Try to disable fast roaming and clear the high priority items to give it a go.

Open Deco app, tab more-advanced-fast roaming/ more-QoS to do that.

After that, please check whether you can connect the samrt lights and plugs to connect to the network.

Any updates, please let me know.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Connecting 2.4ghz smart devices to Deco E4
2019-06-13 10:31:32

I have the same problem. I can not disable the 5Ghz Network in the App. I have only a few settings in the app.

Options
Re:Re:Connecting 2.4ghz smart devices to Deco E4
2019-06-17 01:14:03

Hi,

What is the model number of your Deco product? 

Have you ever tried to disable fast roaming or so? 

Can they smart devices detect the Deco wifi network? Is there any error message if they failed to join it? 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Connecting 2.4ghz smart devices to Deco E4
2019-09-28 21:32:23
Smartphones & tablets connection is unstable! Periodicaly connect and disconnect ... 1-2min when i turrned OFF 5GHz. When is ON ... 30-50min or more.....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1666

Replies: 4

Related Articles