Administration interface stops working after a few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-15 19:04:24 - last edited 2021-03-05 02:11:50
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180810 Rel. 62903

I recently switched operation mode from Access Point to Router (after having my cable modem set to bridge mode by the ISP).

Now, the administrative interface at http://tplinkwifi.net only works for a few hours after each router reboot. This was never a problem before, but has been a consistent behavior ever since the change to Router-mode.

When I browse to http://tplinkwifi.net (or 192.168.0.1) I am greeted with the router login screen.

If I enter an incorrect username/password combination, I'm shown an "incorrect username or password" error. So the page is accessing the router, and actively getting rejected.

But, if I enter correct/valid credentials, the page just hangs. It never leaves the login-prompt. After 30 seconds or so, the "Login" button re-enables, and I can try again, but login never succeeds no matter how many times I try it.

Only rebooting the router (turn the power off/on) works. Login to admin interface is always fine for a few hours after rebooting.

I've sniffed the traffic from my PC to the router during login, and can see that the login-attempt is a 

POST to /cgi-bin/luci/;stok=/login?form=cloud_login

This POST never gets a response (times out) when login fails. But with a "freshly rebooted" router, it responds correctly. So it seems the login-service inside the router crashes after some time. But (in my case at least) only in Router mode, not in Access-point mode.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Administration interface stops working after a few hours-Solution
2021-03-04 17:14:01 - last edited 2021-03-05 02:11:50

@PakistanForces Switching from Cloud to Local login seemed to work for me. If I recall correctly, I made no other changes (firmware updates etc), I just switched from Cloud to Local login instead.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Administration interface stops working after a few hours
2019-06-17 05:42:51

It's still too soon to say if this really fixed the issue, but I've not had any login issues for ~12 hours or so, which is (by far) the longest stretch the router has kept the management interface alive after switching to Router mode.

Anyway, I tried changing the login mechanism from TP Cloud to a local account again. The only reason I switched to TP Cloud login to begin with, was to try to fix the management interface login issue. TP Cloud is pretty useless if you don't own TP security cameras, so I prefer local router account login anyway.

For now at least, the management interface remains stable. It might not last, and if it doesn't I'll be sure to come back here with an update.

Options
Re:Re:Administration interface stops working after a few hours
2019-06-17 07:11:43

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, you can take more time to test its performance, any updates, just let us know. 

Note: You can change different web browser/devices to give it a go.

The TP-Link ID is related to the cloud function.

Meanwhile, the Archer C2300 supports remote management via Tether, if you created the cloud account, you can bind your device to this account and use the Tether app to manage it remotely. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Administration interface stops working after a few hours
2020-05-19 22:51:42
The Admin Interface on my Archer C2300 that I purchased on 4/29/2020 also fails to respond in a similar manner after a few days. Rebooting is the only way to resolve the problem. Firmware 2.03 Build 20180611 Release 77668 (5553/5553) Hardware Archer C2300 V1 Another post suggests a memory leak as the culprit. Does TP-Link have a solution to resolve?
Options
Re:Administration interface stops working after a few hours
2021-03-04 16:24:20

@porten Did you get the solution?

Options
Re:Administration interface stops working after a few hours-Solution
2021-03-04 17:14:01 - last edited 2021-03-05 02:11:50

@PakistanForces Switching from Cloud to Local login seemed to work for me. If I recall correctly, I made no other changes (firmware updates etc), I just switched from Cloud to Local login instead.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2123

Replies: 5

Related Articles