Router disconnects every few minutes and starts working after a few seconds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-13 08:37:11 - last edited 2021-10-14 03:10:31
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My internet stops working every few minutes and starts working after a few seconds. 
log content reads:
TYPE      LEVEL      LOG CONTENT
PPP        Error          ppp0

PPP        Warning     ppp0 LCP down

PPP        Error          ppp0 LCP down

PPP        Error          ppp0 Peer not responding

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router disconnects every few minutes and starts working after a few seconds-Solution
2021-10-14 03:10:25 - last edited 2021-10-14 03:10:31

@AnonymousGeek 

As far as I can confirm, TL-WR850N seems a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router might be self-designed by your ISP. Check this.

If the firmware is self-designed by your ISP, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, we will have limited access to the modifications, nor do we have suggestions on the issues you are experiencing. We suggest you contact your ISP first to check if they have any advice on it.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router disconnects every few minutes and starts working after a few seconds
2021-10-13 08:43:39 - last edited 2021-10-14 01:44:38
My router Model is TL-WR850N but it wasn't available to pick in the categories. This issue is really frustrating as it disconnects me every 5 minutes, Buffering is still okay because it starts working again within a few seconds but streaming is really difficult. Please help me fix this.
Options
Re:Router disconnects every few minutes and starts working after a few seconds-Solution
2021-10-14 03:10:25 - last edited 2021-10-14 03:10:31

@AnonymousGeek 

As far as I can confirm, TL-WR850N seems a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router might be self-designed by your ISP. Check this.

If the firmware is self-designed by your ISP, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, we will have limited access to the modifications, nor do we have suggestions on the issues you are experiencing. We suggest you contact your ISP first to check if they have any advice on it.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router disconnects every few minutes and starts working after a few seconds
2021-10-15 14:10:05 - last edited 2021-10-15 14:11:02

@Kevin_Z 

Ive contacted my ISP and they have no idea about it. Ive been using this same connection from my ISP for over 2 months now and this issue has started happening only recently.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 801

Replies: 3

Related Articles