Archer C6 Guest Network without Acces Control ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-17 07:51:21
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello,

Can you configure the Archer C6 so that you can use the guest network without access control.

Otherwise, I always have to enter the MAC address of the guests first.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Guest Network without Acces Control ?
2019-06-17 08:11:55

You mean that you have configured Access control and only devices in the whitelist could join the normal wifi? And at the same time, you want that the devices can connect to the guest network without entering the MAC in the whitelist, just like the access control won't have any effects on the guest network? If so I'm afraid the answer is no.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C6 Guest Network without Acces Control ?
2019-06-17 08:15:48 - last edited 2019-06-17 08:17:50

Yes, exactly what I would like or is there any other way to let guests into the wifi without Mac address filtering?

can you use the app for your mobile Mac to put addresses on the wishlist without the need to always on the router side?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C6 Guest Network without Acces Control ?
2019-06-17 12:19:59
Maybe you could add a second router. One controls the MAC addresses and the other has the guest network.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C6 Guest Network without Acces Control ?
2019-06-18 06:25:58

Hi,

For your information, the access control will take effect no matter what wireless network the device connects. In other word, we cannot make guests into the wifi without Mac address filtering with Access control enabled. 

While to satisfy your needs, you can add a second router, just like "Archer C8" said. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2516

Replies: 4

Related Articles