No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-19 08:14:16
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought a brand new TP link model W8961N as you can see in the image but the problem is that every single time i am trying to connect with 192.168.1.1 from desktop, It doesnt work.

However, i can access the url from mobile device. Why is this happening to this device? Please provide a solution. I bought this modem/router combo with the suggestion of bestproduct and now i do not know how to tackle this problem.

PS: I have not modified any IP config in IPV4 or IPV6 it is automatic. No VPN or proxy extension on chrome. Thanks

Options
10 Reply
Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-19 10:50:46
Same issue here, not been able to logon to my Archer C60 via TP-Link on my laptop, I get a session timeout message - I can logon via my mobile. Just factory reset the router and it still won't logon via TP-Link - hopeless service. It has been like this for over 24 hours - If you offer a cloud service make sure its up 99.9% of the time please!
Options
Re:Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-19 11:00:41
I am getting error like "192.168.1.1 took too long to respond." which sucks. I also try connecting given url tplinkmodem.net and it also fails.
Options
Re:Re:Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-19 17:16:11
Yes, the same here. I wouldn't mind so much if the option to logon locally was available but it isn't, you have no choice but to use TP-Link once you register to it. I have kids and use the modems configuration to control what they can and can't do/see on the internet. If I can't get onto the modem to configure that then I'll have to reset it and no longer use tp-link and just logon locally.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-23 05:27:05

Hi all,

With laptop connected to the TP-Link router, please verify whether the IP address and gateway is valid, instruction to check them as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Then try to use the gateway of router( 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) to login; meanwhile, you can use the domain name to give it a go. For the DSL modem router, it is tplinkmodem.net; for wireless router like C60, it is tplinkwifi.net. 

Besides, you can try to use different web browser to give it a go. 

If still the same, try to ping the gateway of router and check whether it works. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-23 11:31:48

Thanks for the reply but I'm not going to bother.  I can logon to the router wirelessly using the usual IP address and a local router password.  After performing 2 factory resets and restesting TPlink it still not working so I'm sticking with a local password for access.

TPLink just stopped working on the router (the Android app logged on just fine but is feature poor) I can no longer rely on TPLink and can live without it.

Options
2019-06-23 19:24:59
I hope if you hardly reset your router then it will works....
Options
2019-06-24 02:37:47

Try to do what he says, but nothing worked, there is something else I can do to make it work.

Options
Re:Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-24 05:42:32

Hi Franco,

Have you ever tried to use the default login username and password to access it? They are both admin.

If still does not work, try to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s and relogin.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Franco_Barrera wrote

Try to do what he says, but nothing worked, there is something else I can do to make it work.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:No admin access via Desktop but only with Mobile
2019-06-24 05:49:39

Hi @DeckerdUK 

what is the model number of your device? Could you please show us a screenshot of the login page where you get stuck? 

Meanwhile, once  you hard reset the device, you need use the default local password to login, which is admin. 

Note: How to reset: With device powered on, hold the reset button/hole for 10s until you see all the leds come on momentarily and then let it go.

If still does not work, try to change another web browser or device to access the web interface.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2021-03-30 08:48:13

@Facelines  bought this modem/router combo with the suggestion of best products and now i do not know how to tackle this https://tecktak.com/

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2526

Replies: 10