ISP Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ISP Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ISP Connection
ISP Connection
2019-06-22 06:10:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I have installed the M9 Deco Plus. 

Is there a way I can switch off the ISP connection for a time period every day? Say from night 11 to morning 5?

My earlier Tp Link AC1200 has that feature when you key in the username password for the ISP.

Options
7 Reply
Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-23 04:38:20

Hi,

What do you mean by switching off the ISP connection?

Do you want to disable/shut down the internet connection for a time period? Please provide more information. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

Options
Re:Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-23 04:42:27

Yes shutting down the internet commection but the intranet should be functional.

Options
Re:Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-23 04:49:13

This is what I had in my TP-Link AC1200.

Options
Re:Re:Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-24 01:16:00
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-24 03:30:11

Hi Kevin,

Yes saw the answer in the other thread. Tqvm. I would like to see that feature included as it is easier to manage a house with kids. The following two features, I believe, is a must to effectively manage the parental controls.

1. Time-based connection

2. Whitelist - along with blacklist (whitelist easier to maintain as I know the devices that are available at home and approve only the known devices to access the net. Also, a whitelist is easier to manage when I want to implement parental controls).

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-25 01:42:14

Hi Morris,

Thanks for your reply. 

The parental control has 2 options in time controls, including time limits and bed time. They will set daily time limits for the total time spent online and will block specific device's internet access between certain times.

Below is the instruction to set it up. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/

Meanwhile, for the whitelist request, we have reminded our R&D team, they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

You can keep an eye on official website for more updates.

Good day. 

Options
Re:ISP Connection
2019-06-25 06:40:18

Noted and tqvm to you and TP-Link for listening to its customers.

Options