PA9020P - stopped pairing, slightly complex electrics.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-25 15:37:23
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've had a pair of TL-PA9020P powerline adaptors for just under two months, and they've been working flawlessly for that time. However - today, they've suddenly failed to see each other. But not from everywhere...

Our house power is a bit complex - the two adaptors have two CUs between them, but that hasn't been a problem until now. Nor does it appear to be as straightforward as that being a problem now...

Adaptor A is on CU A.
Adaptor B is on CU B - which is fed by one breaker on CU A. This adaptor is plugged straight into our router.

Adaptor A pairs instantly with B when it's in some rooms fed by CU A, but not in others - but it used to... It's not as simple as different breakers from the CU, either.

So what can have changed? Nobody's touched the house wiring...!

To add to the head-scratching, there's a second (slow) powerline network with 2 x PA411 and 1 x PA4220 - that's still working fine across the whole house (and across a 3rd CU into an outbuilding).

Options
4 Reply
Re:PA9020P - stopped pairing, slightly complex electrics.
2019-06-25 15:41:28

I should add... No firmware version's given, because I'm not using Windows (Linux instead) and TP-Link don't provide admin tools for any other platform. But I've not upgraded anything from the shipped version.

Options
Re:PA9020P - stopped pairing, slightly complex electrics.
2019-06-26 06:13:12

Hi,

Cause the PA9020P kit works fine when they are in the rooms fed by CU A, the device itself should be working fine, the powerline environment, instead, has some changes. 

Meanwhile, cause the powerline environment is invisible, it is hard to say what changes has happened. 

First, you can pair them, and then try to relocate them, if the powerline light (house light) goes off, change another power socket to plug it. 

Meanwhile, you can get a computer(Windows or Mac) to use the tpPLC utility to update the firmware, disable power saving mode and lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode.

Note: You can click them to get detailed instruction. 

Besides, cause the second powerline network works fine now, you can exchange their locations or test whether the second powerline network works fine with them replaced 9020P.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:PA9020P - stopped pairing, slightly complex electrics.
2019-06-28 09:26:35 - last edited 2019-06-28 09:29:39

I have no Windows or Mac machines here.

Does the tpPLC utility work under WINE, or is it possible to change those using the open-plc-utils tools?

I have just tried again - and they have paired in their original positions, instantly and perfectly happily...

Options
Re:Re:Re:PA9020P - stopped pairing, slightly complex electrics.
2019-07-01 01:28:00

Hi,

The tpPLC utility is available for windows and Mac computer only. If possible, it is suggested to get one computer and use the utility to adjust some settings.

Meanwhile, it is glad to hear that they works in their original positions, that means the powerline adapters work properly.

You can take more time to test its performance. 

Any updates, just let us know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1088

Replies: 4

Related Articles