parental control on Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-30 15:23:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

hi all

Recently i try to block YouTube and Facebook and other Social Networks, but when i setup in parental control , i choose teen profile, then i personalize blocked site, in time limits i set everyday since 6:00 to 18:00 and weekends also i choose the computers on my list checking the MAC Address, but nothing happend, i verify the in the blocked machines if i can access to YouTube and Facebook, and i can access. I don´t know if need type whole address (www.youtube.com or https://www.youtube.com) or what´s the problem here, smartphones can´t be recognized in the network list to block the access. So what i need to block those sites?

Regards Sessarhack

Options
10 Reply
Re:parental control on Deco M5
2019-07-01 01:57:23

Hi,

Below is the instruction to setup parental control on Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/

After that, you can reboot the Deco and specific device under parental control to have a test. Besides, please clear the browser cache. 

Meanwhile, for the time limits, we can setup the whole internet access time only, cannot define the start/end time.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:parental control on Deco M5
2019-09-04 14:15:23

I experience the same problem. It does not work - and the setup indstruction does not change that.

I take it that "Time contols = Unlimited" implies that control should be effective around the clock.

Options
Re:Re:Re:parental control on Deco M5
2019-09-06 07:02:14

@Nymand-Lund 

The time limits under Time Control setup the daily limits on total amount of time children can spend online each day. While the bedtime means that the devices cannot access internet during a certain time of period. 

You can follow the faq mentioned before to confirm the parental control settings.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:parental control on Deco M5
2019-09-06 17:33:22

As I wrote: It does not work - and the setup indstruction does not change that.

Does "Time controls = Unlimited" mean that control is in effect around the clock?

Options
2019-12-27 20:24:19
The same for me, it does not work at all for both bedtime and screentime control. Veney frustrated.
Options
2020-03-20 11:35:53 - last edited 2020-03-20 11:39:52

Hi, I also came across a parental control problem. With so many technologies and devices, it’s hard to limit a child. Especially when he understands at some points more than you.
Found today on one guide, how wise to do it. The Importance of Parental Control in the Age of Technological Progress (link) I hope it'll be useful for someone

Options
2020-10-01 01:05:12

It doesn't work for me either.

I would like the devices to HAVE access to internet.  I just want to certain website, like youtube, during certain times of the day.

This is the reason I bought this device in the first place.  Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2020-10-20 09:57:18

@Sessarhack 

Same problem here. I'm trying to block Youtube on my TV receiver. I cannot delete the Youtube App, so i would like to block it. Made a parental control group and blocked youtube from the list of visited sites, but it does nothing at all. Still i can view Youtube on the receiver....makes no difference at all.

How on earth can i stop Youtube...??

Options
2021-03-30 02:49:35

Does not work in X60 also

@BraBart 

Options
2022-01-17 06:04:28

Just take away their device at night...That's what I had to do, since the parental controls on this device are so sketchy and they refuse to address it. 

Options