Recently got 3 pack of Deco M5 (9 devices overall). Everything seems working fine and I have a few questions and a feedback.
1) Official documents says it can connect up to 10 Decos on one network. Is there any reasons, why it was limited to 10 ?
2) I read in next update version3 there will be added website configurations. Really looking for it. I hope there will be option, where we can change settings like :
Use only ac mode
Use only 80mhz
Use only channel 36
and so on…
3) In OneMesh you mentioned, that lots of routers will be able to join to mesh system, after update (coming soon).
My Router Archon C6 also will have this feature in future, and I wonder can I add him to our network system, that currently have 9 devices of Deco M5 ?
4) I really hope, you’ll add “auto shutdown” feature in near future. Sometimes, when nobody home, we don’t need Decos to be online. By turning them off, we can save energy and also Deco will have some rest (currently Decos working 24/7).
That would be great, if we could turn them off/on from our mobile app. That would be just fantastic. Currently I need to go all around and turn off all 9 devices if leaving house for a few days :(
It’s like workout for me.
5) I turned off 2.4Ghz in our network, only 5Ghz working. However, I still can find it in “Hidden Network”, when using Wi-Fi explorer program. It is supposed to be like that? I hope it’s not giving interference to other wi-fi nearby.
6) Devices I have :
HUAWEI HG8245H (gpon technology/terminal)
Deco M5 (9 devices)
TP-Link Archon 1200 C6
Internet Speed :
Mode : Access Point (AP)
My topology :
HUAWEI - Deco M5 (main) = Deco M5 = Deco M5 = Deco M5 = Deco M5 = Deco M5 = Deco M5 = Deco M5 = Deco M5 - PC
In topology, last Deco giving wi-fi but also connected to PC through ethernet, so PC can have high speed internet.
I was thinking since Ethernet (lan port) has more priority compared to wi-fi, If I start download on PC, and start download on wi-fi, will it give us 50/50 result or PC will take more speed, since it’s connected through Ethernet ?
7) Also I would like to connect our Deco M5 (which is far) through ethernet cable, so it will share 100mb/s wi-fi.
Should I connect cable from Deco M5 (main) or HUAWEI ?
All Decos in Access Point mode, but HUAWEI is the one, who’s connected directly to Internet Service Provider (ISP).
8) In Access Point mode features like Parental Control, QoS and some more are not available. I wonder can I use Deco (main) in Router Mode ? I’m afraid, that if I do so, it will conflict with my HUAWEI router. Is there any options to put Deco in router mode ? If so, what settings should I change in my HUAWEI, so it will not conflict with Decos ?
Thank you for your time. I’ll be waiting for your answers and opinions.