MR3040 not supporting ZTE MF 880T LTE modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-15 22:22:13
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3040

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 120822 Rel.40902n

ISP : Airtel

I have just bought the MR3040. I am using this in India with local ISP Airtel and ZTE MF 880T LTE modem, which normally gives 4G connection when connected directly to the laptop.

I have used the normal settings as guided by TP link and checked that dialing properties are all fine. When I am connecting through the MR3040, the blue light is visible in the modem but there is NO internet throughput, the internet icon in the router also remains OFF.

I am using Windows 7. Notable point is, I tried this with Huwaei 1731 where it is working perfectly with 3G connection

Can anyone help me with a solution please
Options
4 Reply
Re:MR3040 not supporting ZTE MF 880T LTE modem
2012-12-16 12:28:09
this could be the incompatibility problem.
Does the router recognize the modem MF880T?
you can refer to http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=400 to check the problem.
Options
Support for ZTE MF 880T LTE modem
2013-01-25 22:39:35
Hi

I came across same issue with my MR3020. I checked with the callcenter and also email support and they gave me stupid answers to downgrade from latest firmware listed on the website. However I was able to get my dongle working as follows
1. This is a Multi Mode dongle supporting 2g, 3g and 4g modes. I suspect this is the issue why the dongle does not get detected. (browsing the system logs and the dongle seems to go into a continuous loop of activation and failure. Then the router rejects it and redetects / reinitializes it). So I tried to fix it to LTE mode only and got it working.
2. I connected this to my PC and using the Airtel Dialer, changed the settings to LTE Only (Menu -> Network Tab (on left side) -> Net Prior Order to LTE Only.
3. Now it kind of restarts the Dongle and we get pop up that change was successful.
4. Now connect the Dongle to the USB port of MR3020 and it gets detected and works on LTE mode (if signal works)

I think if TP Link provided proper BIN file for the ZTE dongle, then this issue can be permanently resolved. If anyone wants, I can share the logs from the router.

Regards
Praveen
Options
Re:MR3040 not supporting ZTE MF 880T LTE modem
2013-05-02 17:56:18
Hi Praveen,

What is the Wi-Fi range you get for MR3020 router. I am wondering whether it can give 20-25feet with a 12inch wall across. Please let me know your experience.

Thanks,
Umakant
Options
I also need to use my MF880T ZTE Modem with 3020. However I wanna use it with only 3G mode as 4G signal is not strong enough in my office. Please help
2015-01-25 15:09:11

praveenvj wrote

Hi

I came across same issue with my MR3020. I checked with the callcenter and also email support and they gave me stupid answers to downgrade from latest firmware listed on the website. However I was able to get my dongle working as follows
1. This is a Multi Mode dongle supporting 2g, 3g and 4g modes. I suspect this is the issue why the dongle does not get detected. (browsing the system logs and the dongle seems to go into a continuous loop of activation and failure. Then the router rejects it and redetects / reinitializes it). So I tried to fix it to LTE mode only and got it working.
2. I connected this to my PC and using the Airtel Dialer, changed the settings to LTE Only (Menu -> Network Tab (on left side) -> Net Prior Order to LTE Only.
3. Now it kind of restarts the Dongle and we get pop up that change was successful.
4. Now connect the Dongle to the USB port of MR3020 and it gets detected and works on LTE mode (if signal works)

I think if TP Link provided proper BIN file for the ZTE dongle, then this issue can be permanently resolved. If anyone wants, I can share the logs from the router.

Regards
Praveen

Please help me too for the same issue. I also have ZTE MF880T modem. Will it work if I follow the steps?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 4