How to setup a VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to setup a VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to setup a VLAN
How to setup a VLAN
2019-07-07 15:24:35
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: n:2.1.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170927 Rel.57074n

Hi

please advice here. 

I really love this router and all of its functionality.

i recently bought two access points and a switch, all from Ubiquiti. 

Now i I want to create a VLAN for my guest network so guest logged on this portal are on another subnet. I am told that I need a compatible router and the Archer C3150 is not setup for this. 

Is this true?

br Hamud

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to setup a VLAN
2019-07-08 08:39:46

@Hrohibil 

The VLAN feature on the C3150 is to make the internet or the IPTV work only, and the router has one subnet only, there is no option to create a VLAN and different subnet for the guest network. 

Instead, you may need a business-level router and a suitable switch to achieve it. 

Besides, why do you want to create a separate subnet for the guest network? Do you want to block the access from the guest network to the host network? 

If so, you can disable " Allow guests to access my local network” on the guest network page. 

Options
Re:Re:How to setup a VLAN
2019-07-08 08:48:34 - last edited 2019-07-08 08:49:44

Thank you Kevin. 

I allready have a suitable switch for this from Ubiquiti. 

I want to have different networks seperated from our heavy load devices and the kids. 

Guest would still be able to scan the nework for IPs, so i want to avoid that also

Which routers does TP has which supports this?

This C3150 router is more expensive then the Ubiquits Edge Router which has theese functionalities.

BR Hamid

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1183

Replies: 2

Related Articles