Antivirus on DECO putting my printer etc in quarantine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-08 18:15:28
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

The anti virus on my DECO is putting randomly all kind devices in quarantine.

Today my inktjet printer, last week my own iPhone, other times the laptop of my son or daughter.

It's good that we have protection, and for sure my son might have all kind of crap on his laptop.

But my inktject printer? My iPhone? I can't believe these are hacking the network.

I have my DECO now for almost 2 years, but these kind of issues started recently, maybe a few months ago.

Has anyone an idea what is the problem? And how to solve it other than disabling the anti virus?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Antivirus on DECO putting my printer etc in quarantine
2019-07-09 01:45:54

@Remmerswaal 

Did you get the notification alerts when the device was put in quarantine? Please show us some pictures of it. 

Does it affect the actual performance of the client devices even though it was quarantined?Like accessing internet, print or so?

Meanwhile, what is the current network topology? 

Options
Re:Re:Antivirus on DECO putting my printer etc in quarantine
2019-07-10 18:42:59 - last edited 2019-07-10 18:46:17

Some examples...

The xxx-D9-E9 is my Canon MG7150 inktjet printer.

The other is my iPhone 8 plus.

Each time it says "UDP Port Scan"

Other than the many messages I get on my iPhone about devices put in quarantine, I do not notice anything else. E.g. we can still print and my iPhone can still use the WiFi.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Antivirus on DECO putting my printer etc in quarantine
2019-07-12 09:00:06

@Remmerswaal 

Please refer to Q5 of this instruction to get an explanation. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Antivirus on DECO putting my printer etc in quarantine
2019-07-12 17:30:11

> Sometimes you may find in your Messages that your device is being quarantined, this situation may occur when your device is sending sensitive information or security threats out of your network.

Right, so my Canon inktjet printer is sending sensitive information out of my network?

Options
Re:Antivirus on DECO putting my printer etc in quarantine
2020-09-12 15:59:45

@Remmerswaal 

Same problem here, but I cann't access the pc/laptop etc.. anymore and I have to reboot them.

Very annoying, this happens almost every day!!!
So does someone have a solution?

Already Thanks

Options