trying to use wireless powerline to create a 2nd wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-14 04:56:44
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sky

Hi
I have sky wifi router and currently run a few powerline plugs at various places in the house, one currently has a wireless access point off it that gives me a second wifi network.
I want to replace this and the power line plug it is connected to with this new TP-Link and replace this 2nd wifi network, saving myself 2 plug sockets in the process.
However its been a while since I configured this and for the life of me I cannot work out how to set a static ip on this TP-Link, it just doesn't take it, I must confess to following a pretty idiot-proof online guide that I can't find anymore and I think it requires me to temporarily set a static ip on my windows laptop but this is where I get lost as I'm not great at network config or windows.
Anyone got an idiot guides?
thanks
sarah
Options
1 Reply
Re:trying to use wireless powerline to create a 2nd wireless network
2013-06-20 14:25:29
TL-WPA281 actually does not have an static IP address. It will change according to the main router. The main issue is that you need make the wireless power line adapter talk to each other by pair button or the CD software.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 1