Connecting sonos to Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-12 19:10:37
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't set up my Sonos speakers to my Deco M5 network.  I have followed the instructions, connecting Deco to Sonos with an ethernet cable etc.  It repeatedly says the network name / password are incorrect.    Thanks for any advice.  Jane

Options
7 Reply
Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-13 08:48:29
I set up my Sonos system, six items, without attaching an Ethernet cable. Just set it up from the sonos app, 1 item at a time and I didn’t have any problems at all. The sonos app usually suggests using a cable if something is wrong ie not waiting until the speaker is ready to connect or something. Hope this helps.
Options
Re:Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-13 11:21:57 - last edited 2019-07-13 11:57:01

Thanks, I did try that and it didn't work either.   Somehow (don't ask I don't know) I have managed to connect the main speaker using the ethernet cable and added all other speakers remotely. I rebooted the WiFi which may have been the trigger.  

Options
Re:Re:Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-13 11:50:46

I’m pleased you managed to get through it ok, sonos gear can be a little picky with setup sometimes. I know I’ve had some problems from time to time and the sonos app is not that helpful I usually ignore its advice and look elsewhere for the fault. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-13 16:13:37

I spoke too soon.  Once disconnected from the ethernet I lost connection. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-15 02:41:49

@PennyLane 

How do you connect the Sonos to the Deco M5? By wired cable or wireless? 

Have you received any update available notification on your Deco app? If so, you can update the firmware and reconnect the Sonos to the Deco to give it a go. 

Besides, you can simplify the network topology, in other word, connect the main Deco to the modem only and try to connect the Sonos speaker to Deco.

Or you can disable 5GHz and fast roaming to give it a go. 

On the other hand, you can setup QoS as standard and clear all the high priority items. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-15 06:01:53

Thanks for the reply.  I have solved the problem by restting all three Deco 5 units, deleting the App and reinstalling everything from scratch.   The first set of units ordered where returned as the main unit "died" after a month and I was sent a replacment product.  It  seemed to install however yesterday I was getting the same wrong password error as the guest network when attempting to link Sonos.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting sonos to Deco M5
2019-07-16 01:34:22

@PennyLane 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear you solved this problem.

If the Sonos speaker has the same issue again, you can try to forget the network and reconnect to it; or you can check the firmware updates.

Otherwise, you can email our tech support to get a beta firmware to install and check its performance. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11656

Replies: 7

Related Articles