Port Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Control
Port Control
2019-07-14 20:18:28 - last edited 2019-08-16 01:00:52
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.16 v01e4.0 Build 170503 Rel.71903n

Hi everyone:

I want to open port 25565 on my router in order to host a game server. I have completed the following steps carefully:

1) Login to the router.

2) Go to Forwarding.

3) Go to Virtual Server tab.

4) Click "Add New" button.

5) On "Service Port" input "25565".

6) On "IP Address" input my private IP.

7) On "Internal Port" input "25565".

8) Set "Protocol" to "ALL".

9) Set "Status" to "Enabled".

10) Set "Common Service Port" to "---Please Select---".

11) Click "Save".

Since i am also using No-IP's dynamic dns to host a game server, i have configured the router's ddns doing the following:

1) Login to the router.

2) Go to Dynamic DNS tab.

3) Set "Service Provider" to "No-IP".

4) On "Domain Name" input my No-IP domain name.

5) On "Username" input my No-IP username.

6) On "Password" input my No-IP password.

7) Tick "Enable DDNS" checkbox.

8) Click the "Login" button.

9) Click "Save"

After doing all the above steps i tried to connect to my server, in vain. I checked if my port was open in www.canyouseeme.org, but i received a "Connection timed out" error message.

I hope someone can help me.

Many thanks in advance.

T.M.P.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port Control-Solution
2019-08-15 22:12:07 - last edited 2019-08-16 01:00:52

Hi everyone!

After doing all you've said, i saw a post from a user that stated that the problem was in the Windows Firewall.

I tried disabling the firewall and it worked!

After that i created a new exception for Minecraft in the firewall and now i can play online with my friends.

Many thanks for all your help!!

T.M.P.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Port Control
2019-07-15 05:35:10

@T.M.P. 

What about the current internet IP address? Are you able to access it remotely with the WAN IP and port number? 

Please show us a screenshot of the error message when you tried to access it remotely. 

Options
2019-07-15 17:01:28

Kevin_Z wrote

@T.M.P. 

What about the current internet IP address? Are you able to access it remotely with the WAN IP and port number? 

Please show us a screenshot of the error message when you tried to access it remotely. 

Hi @Kevin_Z!

Many thanks for your reply.

I can not connect to the server neither with the hostname nor with the WAN IP.

When i try to connect to the minecraft server, i receive the following error message:

When i check if the port is open on www.canyouseeme.org, i get this error message:

I looked to another post and i have seen that the problem may be that the WAN IP is private, however this is not my case: My WAN IP looks something like this: 190.xxx.xx.xxx

Many thanks again for your help!

Options
Re:Re:Port Control
2019-07-15 17:20:51
Try assigning an unused IP address such as 192.168.0.129 that is in the IP range of your router. Then assign that address to the MAC address of your device in the "address reservations". Power cycle both the router and device and the device should get that IP address. Then try port forwarding.
Options
2019-07-15 18:16:39

ArcherC8 wrote

Try assigning an unused IP address such as 192.168.0.129 that is in the IP range of your router. Then assign that address to the MAC address of your device in the "address reservations". Power cycle both the router and device and the device should get that IP address. Then try port forwarding.

Hi @ArcherC8!

I tried to do what you have said. However the result did not change at all.

I think that the problem is somewhere in the port forwarding step, since i checked if i have the new IP and i can see that my private IP changed to what i have configured on the router.

Many thanks for your help!

Options
2019-07-15 20:22:27
I had a port forwarding issue with my Archer C8 when I installed new firmware that had the new green interface. After working with TP support, I went back to the older firmware (Blue interface) and all is working fine now.
Options
Re:Port Control-Solution
2019-08-15 22:12:07 - last edited 2019-08-16 01:00:52

Hi everyone!

After doing all you've said, i saw a post from a user that stated that the problem was in the Windows Firewall.

I tried disabling the firewall and it worked!

After that i created a new exception for Minecraft in the firewall and now i can play online with my friends.

Many thanks for all your help!!

T.M.P.

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-08-16 01:00:21

@T.M.P. 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that you figured it out finally.

It helps a lot to those who have the same issue. 

Any further problem, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1655

Replies: 7

Related Articles