Lan to Wan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lan to Wan

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lan to Wan
Lan to Wan
2019-07-18 20:19:46
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

I want to use my Archer C1200 as a Lan to Wan router. I have a genexis platinum 7840 fiber modem/ router. But i am not happy with that. Therefore i bought this TP-LINK Archer C1200. How can i configure thisrouter so that i can useit as a LAN to WAN router.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Lan to Wan
2019-07-24 07:30:11

@Rudi52 

What is LAN to WAN router? Do you want to use it to replace the older router and provide internet with it?

If the modem connects to the old router via the ethernet cable, you can connect it to the WAN/internet port of the C1200 and configure it as a regular wireless router. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Lan to Wan
2019-07-24 09:22:07

At this moment i have a GENEXIS modem/router platinum 7840. I don't like this router, because in case of a powercycle, i loose all my portforwardings.

Besides that i want to have a guest and a personal wif code.

That is why i hve a TP-LINK AC1200 router now, but i would like to know how i can connect this behind my genexis router. As a WAN to WAN, or as  a WAN to LAN.

Regards,

Rudi

Options
Re:Re:Re:Lan to Wan
2019-07-25 02:48:55

@Rudi52 

Rudi, thanks for your reply, I got your point.

First, you can configure the GENEXIS modem/router as bridge mode and the connect the LAN port to the WAN port of C1200 and set it up as a regular wireless router. 

Then you can access internet and enjoy the advanced features supported by C1200. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3435

Replies: 3

Related Articles