Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-25 06:19:49 - last edited 2021-02-10 05:59:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

How do I use ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled-Solution
2021-02-09 18:27:14 - last edited 2021-02-10 05:59:44

@Matsaat 

I was facing same issue, main deco had both ethernet ports occupied, first from ONT and second one to tp-link switch. Thanks to this thread I have been able to disable IPTV VLAN as I'm not using at all, u have to enter in advanced options through deco app, then browse IPTV/VLAN topic and disable VLAN IPTV button, and thats all, ethernet backhaul will start working fine.

In case you are using IPTV feature, you can tell deco app which ethernet port will be used in each deco to that purpose.

Thanks all for the info.

Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2019-07-26 01:48:37

@Badrol 

Please click here to get the 2 typical topology that the ethernet backhaul takes effect. 

Meanwhile, the Deco supports wireless backhaul as well. 

Options
Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2019-07-26 03:27:20

Kevin_Z wrote

@Badrol 

Please click here to get the 2 typical topology that the ethernet backhaul takes effect. 

Meanwhile, the Deco supports wireless backhaul as well. 

Yes. I'm doing that now. The issue is, if I enable IPTV, the second ethernet port for the main Deco is for IPTV only, hence I can't use it for ethernet backhaul. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2019-07-26 07:19:19

@Badrol 

I see, with the 2nd port occupied by the IPTV, there is no extra ethernet port to connect to the slave Deco anymore. While in this way, the wireless backhaul will take effect. 

And you can connect the slave Decos to each other by wired cable to use the ethernet backhaul. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2019-07-26 09:26:01

The thing is my second deco is in the second floor and the speed using the Wi-Fi is not encouraging. 

Anyway, thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2019-07-28 09:48:29

@Badrol 

Thanks for your reply. 

Any further question, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2019-10-04 11:29:39

@Kevin_Z 

Is there anyway that I can disable the IPTV service and use the second port for Internet connection? 

I'm not using the IPTV service 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Ethernet backhaul when IPTV is enabled-Solution
2021-02-09 18:27:14 - last edited 2021-02-10 05:59:44

@Matsaat 

I was facing same issue, main deco had both ethernet ports occupied, first from ONT and second one to tp-link switch. Thanks to this thread I have been able to disable IPTV VLAN as I'm not using at all, u have to enter in advanced options through deco app, then browse IPTV/VLAN topic and disable VLAN IPTV button, and thats all, ethernet backhaul will start working fine.

In case you are using IPTV feature, you can tell deco app which ethernet port will be used in each deco to that purpose.

Thanks all for the info.

Regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1974

Replies: 7

Related Articles