wifi disable question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wifi disable question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wifi disable question
wifi disable question
2019-07-25 13:54:09 - last edited 2019-07-25 13:55:20
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

Hi all

just recieved the new updated firware. thanks for that.

1. in the image below, if I toggle the main network 2 toggles and guest network main toggle than deco will not produce any wifi signal?

2. why does the guest get 3 toggles (1 main and 2 for different bands) and main network get only 2 (for 2 bands)?

Options
2 Reply
Re:wifi disable question
2019-07-25 17:09:48
Disabling both bands does not makes much sense, but I'm not sure what the effect would be. As for your second question, I think disabling the main network makes little sense (it's what you buy a mesh set to do). The guest network is obviously optional.
Options
Re:wifi disable question
2019-07-26 01:59:08

@gkatz 

1. There will be no wifi signal once you toggled off the main network and the guest network.

2. Why there are 3 toggles for guest network: the main wifi network is enabled by default, while the guest network is an additional feature, to use it, we need enable it manually; that is the first guest network toggle shows; then to satify your users' need to separate the guest 2.4GHz network and guest 5GHz network, we make 2 extra toggles for them.

May it help. Nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 2

Related Articles