Optimise Deco placement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Optimise Deco placement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Optimise Deco placement -Solution
2020-08-21 11:52:20 - last edited 2020-08-21 11:52:48

@Andrewhltsang 

Hello,

Ensure you are running the latest firmware on your Deco M9 Plus first. If your firmware is not the latest and the Deco M9 hardware version is V2, update it as below:

1. Download the second firmware on the official website, which is marked as Deco M9 Plus(EU)_V2_200324 or Deco M9 Plus(US) _V2_200324:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Firmware

2. This new firmware can ONLY be updated via the Upgrade Tool, you cannot update it via web nor on the Deco app. Upgrade Tool can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/deco-m9-plus/#Utility

3. If you cannot log into the Upgrade Tool with your TP-Link ID and password, please try to forget your password on your Deco app and login again to confirm it is correct, do remember that both the ID and password are case-sensitive:
What if I forget the password of my TP-Link ID?
Note: If you still fail to update or login, please reply with some details, such as what is the computer operating system, what is the error message, it is suggested to try different computers.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Optimise Deco placement
2020-08-21 17:38:08

@Kevin_Z 

I agree that it would be great to get this feature. I just bought a three pack of the M9 plus from Costco and was very surprised that it did not have the ability to help me figure out the best placement. Do you know if this is still a planned upgrade to the firmware, otherwise I may need to consider returning the routers to get a different style?

Options
2020-09-03 11:41:09

@Kevin_Z this app feature would be very helpful as I am seeing a huge speed variation from the same spot since I installed my Deco M9 system yesterday. Would be helpful to detect the signal strength...

Options
2020-09-04 01:09:15

@mr_swede  @Zmobile 

Hello,

This feature to check the signal source on the Deco M9 Plus V2 has been added on the latest firmware, just as the picture I attached before, you can check the signal source on your Deco app. 

However, if you still cannot find it, I'm afraid your Deco firmware is not updated, you need to refer to my previous post to update your firmware manually.

Good days. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Optimise Deco placement
2020-10-12 06:26:17

@Kevin_Z  - 

Do the access points only receive signal from the main Deco? Or can one receive signal from the main Deco and pass it on to another access point? 

Options
Related Articles