mini router TL-WR702N firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-18 17:24:59
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WR702N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : TL-WR740N

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : TL-WR702N

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello
I bought TL-WR702N and it's firmware is in Chinese.
I downloaded an English firmware but in the application there is no browse button to select the file that I downloaded.
It's says something about loading the file from TFTP.
What should I do in order to get English firmware?
Options
11 Reply
Re:mini router TL-WR702N firmware
2012-12-19 02:32:17
Options
2012-12-19 10:47:47
As I know, is it in simplified Chinese or tranditional Chinese? Simplified Chinese product cannot be upgraded with a English firmware. It will cause damage to it.
Options
2012-12-19 16:22:41
Thanks for your replies
sm00thpapa,
Like I said I downloaded the version from the same link you wrote but in the router application there is no browse button to select the file that I downloaded.
It's says something about loading the file from TFTP.
Vivian, How can I tell? I can't read Chinese
Options
SAme issue
2013-01-16 21:43:16
I have the same issue, got the router from ebay :( did you ever get it into english?
Options
2013-01-25 23:18:38

Vivian wrote

As I know, is it in simplified Chinese or tranditional Chinese? Simplified Chinese product cannot be upgraded with a English firmware. It will cause damage to it.

How would it damage it? Is there a hardware difference?
From what I can tell they are all the same hardware wise, it's the firmware that's different and restrictive. If you can get a full chip image from an English version and physically connect to the spi flash chip to reprogram it, it should work the same.
Options
2013-01-25 23:21:40
Can we change from the simplified Chinese version to traditional, then update to English?
Options
2013-04-15 14:23:52
Hi Naviathan.
Once I bought a Chinese version router on Ebay. I asked tplink support for a English firmware. I was informed of the following:
The traditional Chinese version and English version use the same hardware, while the simplified Chinese version use another hardware.
So it is possible to change a traditional Chinese firmware to English firmware.
But it is impossible to change a simplified Chinese firmware to either traditional Chinese or English one.
Hope this helps.
Options
2013-04-15 19:47:46

Morry wrote

Hi Naviathan.
Once I bought a Chinese version router on Ebay. I asked tplink support for a English firmware. I was informed of the following:
The traditional Chinese version and English version use the same hardware, while the simplified Chinese version use another hardware.
So it is possible to change a traditional Chinese firmware to English firmware.
But it is impossible to change a simplified Chinese firmware to either traditional Chinese or English one.
Hope this helps.

Yes, unfortunately I've received the same information. So now I'm stuck with two useless routers.
Options
2013-04-28 18:35:01
I was given a TP-Link as a gift when doing business in China. I am not very computer literate but I managed to get the unit programed as a repeater after a bit of trial and error.
I also found the unit to be in Chinese but found I could still program it by opening the English screens http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/?model=TL-WR702N#app and just clicking on the appropriate link in Chinese. On the first screen IP 192.168.1.253 type in Admin and then all screen layouts appear to be the same. I also found that I needed the unit to be plugged in with an Ethernet cable as well as a wireless link to my home network simultaneously to get the programing to work. Hope this helps you and my unit is working fine.
Options
2013-04-29 14:47:00
Hi vanasp:)
You are right. For the Chinese-version TL-WR702N, its login address is 192.168.1.253, different from 192.168.0.254 for the English-version.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1748

Replies: 11

Related Articles