Deco m9 plus and nest hello doorbell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-28 18:33:59 - last edited 2019-07-28 18:48:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.28

Hi l have deco m9 plus (2 units). My nest hello doorbell is connected to my main m9 unit. It keeps disconnected after a certain amount of time, sometimes a day, sometimes a couple of hours. Is there anything I can do to fix the unstable wifi connection?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco m9 plus and nest hello doorbell
2019-07-29 02:17:40

@Kaiyuan 

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulty with the Deco M9 plus, we will do some troubleshooting first to fix it.

1. What about other devices which connect to the main Deco? Do they lose connection?

2. How do you make your nest back to work once it got disconnected?

3. Try to setup a static IP for it or reserve an IP address for it on Deco M9 plus.  How to setup address reservation, click here.

4. It is also suggested to contact the tech support of Nest to get some suggestion. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco m9 plus and nest hello doorbell
2019-07-29 10:56:37

Thanks Kevin for your reply. 

1. Only my nest doorbell experienced the unstable wifi connection problem.

2. Sometime I restart the deco unit. Sometime I reconnect the doorbell to wifi by following the instructions in nest app. If the disconnect happen at the night when I was sleeping, I do nothing and the doorbell managed to connect back by itself, because I can see the notification (pushed notification from nest) said that your doorbell has been offline for 10 minutes. That is how I know my doorbell disconnect Ed from deco. 

3/4. Will try.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco m9 plus and nest hello doorbell
2019-07-30 08:19:21

@Kaiyuan 

Thanks for your reply.

Please take your time to test, any updates, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco m9 plus and nest hello doorbell
2021-02-04 01:01:44

@Kaiyuan Hey man, I found a solution... I think. I set the Nest Hello as a priority device in the QoS settings. So far no drops and the camera feed loads at least 55% faster when I pull up the Nest app or website. I hope this works for you! It doesn't seem like it needs a separate 2.4 GHZ channel. 

My guess is that when a device is set to priority, it doesn't do that weird DHCP lease thing where it expires by default due to the terrible "Smart DCHP" setting that we should be able to turn off in  the 1.6 firmware update, whenever that happens... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2698

Replies: 4