Using Deco outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Using Deco outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Using Deco outdoor
Using Deco outdoor
2019-07-30 18:01:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

How can I extend my Deco M5 system to my patio (outdoor). My penthouse is very well isolated and I have only reception in the first 2 metres outdoor. Which product can I add yo my system to use outdoor

Options
16 Reply
Re:Using Deco outdoor
2019-07-30 23:59:51

Cover your M5 and put another unit outside.

Or https://www.tp-link.com/latam/home-networking/deco/deco-m3/

Via powerline

Options
2019-07-31 01:40:35

@aukemeijer 

What is the current network topology? How far away between the patio and penthouse? Is there any obstruction existed?

We need more details so that we can give you a specific answer. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Using Deco outdoor
2019-07-31 08:09:50

Between the last M5 (using 6 in my penthouse) and the patio is only a 5 cm glass wall but the house is very well isolated (cage of farady). In the first 2 meters of the patio it’s ok. Therefore my plan was to mount an outdoor unit within the first 0.5m of the glass wall to pickup the signal of the unit of the other side of the glass wall. 230 volt is available at that position. Using cat5/6 cable to feed the outdoor unit is not an option unless I drill a hole in the glass wall (which basically means I need to install a new glass wall (8x3 meters😟).

Options
Re:Re:Re:Using Deco outdoor
2019-08-01 07:29:58

@aukemeijer 

We have outdoor access point, like EAP110-Outdoor and EAP225-Outdoor, while it need connect to the existing network by ethernet cable, while it is against your request.

And we do have some network expansion device, like range extender and powerline adapters; for the former one, it will connect to the existing network by wireless  to extend the wifi range, for the latter one, the main unit will connect to the main router, and the extender unit can be relocated to extend the network, they communicate with each other via powerline. While they are all indoor devices. 

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/home-networking/range-extender/ 

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/home-networking/powerline/ 

Options
2020-01-29 17:47:11

@aukemeijer can I ask if the following is possible:

Deco mesh network > connect an TP-Link EAP225 via ethernet to one of the decos > connect further decos to the network tha the TP-Link EAP225 repeats.  For example a deco mesh is in a house, then the TP-Link EAP225 covers a garden, then further decos are set up in another building.  Would this work?

Options
Using Deco outdoor
2020-08-31 03:42:28

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Guys,

I have installed a Deco M4 mesh System (3 Numbers) in my house. My house has 3 stories. I need to extend the same internet to my outdoor area. Can I install then TP-Link Omada EAP-225 or EAP110 using a cat 6 cable to one of the Deco M4 boxes. will this extend my network outdoor. What is the normal range in meters that i shall get from an Omada 225. Also, can i connect another deco M4 mesh system at the other end. Please do let me know.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Using Deco outdoor
2021-03-01 08:27:13

@Kevin_Z hello. 

The EAP225-Outdoor says its mesh. 

And the point from our customers buying the deco devices coz of the mesh technology. 

And many villas here have big gardens. And we need to add the outdoor access point to the mesh network. Not to be a stand alone AP. 

So is there anyway to do that or not! If not then i cant recommend the deco mesh for villas 

Options
Using Deco outdoor
2021-03-01 08:28:48
As far as i know it work as stand alone device. And so it works but doesnt mesh
Options
Using Deco outdoor
2021-03-11 22:49:09
Also think tplink should fix sn outdoor version for deco mesh. I would like to have a mesh in the main building->garden->second building. To get good coverage an outdoor weather prof deco mesh unit connected to the main building mesh (over ethernet) is needed.
Options
2021-03-13 16:11:08

Need an meshable outdoor deco, too. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 30536

Replies: 16

Related Articles