Issue with Port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-31 05:09:22 - last edited 2019-07-31 05:11:18
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6011.0 Build 180815 Rel.59657n

okay, so i tried port forwarding for a game in my pc and after making my ip static in my pc, and the application completely stopped working after that, i deleted the settings that i changed, but the application did not start working, so i changed the settings again and turned them off this time and not delete them, the game worked fien for once but then i again started facing the same issue, what can i do? adn also my router model is 850N it was ot showing in the drop down menu,these are my settings below.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with Port forwarding
2019-07-31 06:21:31

@skapoof 

The TL-WR850N is a specific edtion product, which is designed based on the ISP's requests. So it is suggested to contact ISP to get some help first.

https://service-provider.tp-link.com/wifi-router/tl-wr850n/ 

Otherwise, we can do some troubleshooting, while if we still cannot figure it out, then contact ISP will be next step.

1. Do you mean the game stops working once you setup the static IP for the PC?

2. Can you get internet with your laptop at that time? 

3. Meanwhile, please ensure that the internet IP is a public IP address.

4. Have you tried to change it back to dynamic IP and verify whether it will work? 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Re:Issue with Port forwarding
2019-07-31 06:30:49 - last edited 2019-07-31 06:31:50

@Kevin_Z 

1. The game stopped working after i setup virtual server settings

2. Yes i can get internet in my laptop st that time, only that specific game doesn't work

3. Internet ip, do you mean internal ip that I've set to 192.168.0.200, That is my static ip, in the tutorials that i saw, they entered the static ip only

4. It doesn't work when i changed my ip back to dynamic.

Thankyou so much for your help, sure it is a good day.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issue with Port forwarding
2019-08-01 01:19:40

@skapoof 

Thanks for your reply.

Try to delete the virtual server entry and check whether the game works well.

The internet IP address is the WAN IP of the TL-WR850N, not the static IP you setup for the computer. 

Cause the laptop still works at that time, the troubleshooting need to be done on the specific game; it is recommended to contact the tech support of the game to verify is there any special settings need to be done.

Meanwhile, per I said before, TL-WR850N belongs to service provider dept, if there is still no solution, try to contact your ISP.

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 918

Replies: 3

Related Articles