Archer C3150 with Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C3150 with Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C3150 with Deco
Archer C3150 with Deco
2019-08-01 22:28:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I just purchased the Deco M9 to hopefully resolve the deadspots around my house.  I currently have an Archer C3150 and have 5 ethernet connections to it.  Seeing that the Deco only has one ethernet per device, how can I configure so I can still have my 5 hard wire connections and utlize the Deco mesh network.  I've seen posts that connects the Deco to the existing router and vice versa, the existing router connected to the Deco.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C3150 with Deco
2019-08-02 01:35:46

@darnoc23 

There are 2 ethernet ports on each Deco units. May I know how many Deco do you have?

Per you said, you can connect the Deco to the C3150 to get internet or configure the Deco as main router and connect C3150 to the Deco to extend the network. 

While the devices connected to the C3150 won't be able to utilize the Deco mesh network, instead, the devices connected  to the Deco itself can. 

Both options can be used to extend the wifi range, you can choose one of them based on the actual network request. 

Options
Re:Re:Archer C3150 with Deco
2019-08-02 07:33:27

Thanks for the response.  I have 3 deco units.  My house has a hub where all the ethernet connections to all our rooms are connectred to the c3150.  I want to keep those connections.  Is there a difference if i connect the deco to the 3150 or vice versa?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C3150 with Deco
2019-08-05 07:09:23

@darnoc23 

With Deco connected to the C3150, you can keep those connections already existed, first, you can configure the Deco as a router mode, then you can use the advanced features, like parental control, while there will be 2 networks; devices connect to the C3150 and Deco cannot communicate with each other; or you can configure Deco as access point; the mesh network still works, and all the devices will be managed by the main router (C3150), but the advanced features won't work. 

If you connect the C3150 to the Deco as a slave unit, you need re-build up the current connections; and the Deco will work as the main router. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1190

Replies: 3

Related Articles