250Mbps internet connection speed with my 1Gbps fibre connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-04 15:01:21
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190620 Rel. 45372

So this problem short.

With my computer directly connected to my "modem" with RJ45 cable speed is around 1000Mbps as shown in speed test result

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8473391125

But when I add I connect Deco M4 to my modem and connect to deco using the very same cable I used to obtain 1000Mbps speeds my connection speed drops to 250Mbps as shown in speedtest result below

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8473476160

I would really like to get this fixed othervise Ill have to return my Deco and go with some other brand.

Options
3 Reply
Re:250Mbps internet connection speed with my 1Gbps fibre connection
2019-08-05 01:50:15

@Paloheimo 

Sorry to hear that you have some difficuilty with the Deco units, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

2. With computer connected to the main Deco M4 directly, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the results; meanwhile, please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed 

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet. 

3. Change another cable between the Deco M4 and the modem. 

4. Try  to swap the locations of the Deco M4 units to give it a go.

5. Ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

6. Please go  to QoS and clear all the high priority rules. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:250Mbps internet connection speed with my 1Gbps fibre connection
2019-08-05 04:08:55

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

I get 1Gbps speeds with my old router Linksys wrt1900acs. I have fibre connection where ethernet (rj45) output comes directly to my house. If I replace my old Linksys router with your device my speed drops

2. With computer connected to the main Deco M4 directly, please run the speed test for 3 times and show us the results; meanwhile, please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed 

Note: The steps are the same, while you need right click on local area connection or ethernet. 

Wired negototiaton speed is 1Gbps. I have done speedtests multiple times results are always the same. With your device constant 250Mbps speeds with my old Linksys router 900-1000Mbps speeds.

3. Change another cable between the Deco M4 and the modem. 

I have tried different cables. No effects.

4. Try  to swap the locations of the Deco M4 units to give it a go.

Deco is connected directly to my house RJ45 input with 1meter cable. 

5. Ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

I have latest firmware

1.1.0 Build 20190620 Rel. 45372

6. Please go  to QoS and clear all the high priority rules. 

Done that and also done full factory reset no changes.

Options
Re:Re:Re:250Mbps internet connection speed with my 1Gbps fibre connection
2019-08-06 07:22:47

@Paloheimo 

Thanks for your reply.

To help  you fix it, our engineer will email you later, please check your inbox.

Thanks for your cooperation and support in advance.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1088

Replies: 3