One mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:One mesh (NOT in AP mode for Archer C7)
2020-01-03 03:10:03

@jason1365 

Hello, like what I said above, to build up a mesh network, we need one router and one network expansion device at least. For example, Archer A7 V5 + RE300. 

For now, both Archer A7 works in router mode, that is okay, with the lack of network expansion device, it won't be able to create a mesh network. If you want to setup the second router as a separate mesh network as the primary one, you can order two extenders at least, one will connect to the primary router, the other will connect to the second A7; in this way, we can configure them separately and create two Onemesh networks. 

May it help. Good day. 

Options
Re:One mesh (NOT in AP mode for Archer C7)
2020-01-03 14:17:54

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the clarification on functionality. The marketing materials led me to believe as long as I had any of the eligable devices they could be linked to create a mesh network. Will a future firmware update allow us to use multiple routers to create a mesh network?

Options
Re:One mesh
2020-02-26 22:06:04

My Mesh questions:

I have an Archer 750 MR200 and have bought 3 RE200 range extenders.

1. I was about to buy an MR600 to give me mesh capability, but it would appear that it is not compatible with the Three mobile network. Is a suitable firmware update coming soon?

2. Is the mesh firmware update for the MR200 coming soon?
3. Should I be looking for another solution?

Options
2020-03-23 16:05:06

@gregb49 

I received my MR600 from Amazon over the weekend and it works fine with a Three SIM card.

I just inserted the Three SIM and all the settings were automatically populated. 

My MR600 is on firmware 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

I was able to browse the web using the Three SIM.

Most of the time I will be using the MR600 in wireless router mode with 3G/4G as a back up in case I lose the WISP signal from my regular ISP. 

Options
2020-04-01 16:46:35
I have got the same situation. Does anyone know whether there will be an update for the MR200? On the website https://www.tp-link.com/at/onemesh/compatibility/?utm_medium=select-local it is stated, that it should be "coming soon"!?
Options
Re:Re:One mesh (NOT in AP mode for Archer C7)
2020-08-25 14:21:15

@Kevin_Z 

After having sent back the second repeater (RE650 with HW rev. v1, after an RE365), I cannot really understand the reasoning for using a repeater instead of the Archer C7 as a mesh device (if this would be possible): First, the pricing of the high-speed repeater (RE650) is at least in the same range as for the router itself, and second, the internal GB LAN ports could be used to connect some additional hardware at the location of the 'repeater' without adding another switch/router/etc. there.

Can you suggest a configuration that can deliver a data rate comparable to directly accessing the router (there I have measured some 35-40 MBytes/s net rate) with any hardware that can extend the WLAN at a distant location? Since the WLAN ranges of the router and the repeater will certainly overlap in some areas, a Mesh solution would be preferrable, and the data link should be via LAN (ie. repeater in AP mode).

Maybe the RE650 would have been the right solution, but since it was HW rev. v1.0, I do not expect to get a Mesh-compliant firmware for this repeater (this is the way I interpret the OneMesh descriptions on the TP-Link website), and thus I'll try to get the new hardware revision when available.

Options
Related Articles