One Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
One Mesh
One Mesh
2020-08-14 16:11:20 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:01:52
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

Hi, 

I ve a Archer c6 as of now, 

I want a secondary router to extend the coverage of my home.

As Archer C6 supports one Mesh technology, Can i get another Archer C6 / A6 and connect them in Mesh network.

I am planning to keep one Archer C6 as master. ie Lan from ISP will be feed into that that, Then the seconds Archer C6, will be connected via Gigabit Ethernet from the 1st one.

Is this possible.? If so, How the communication between the two routers will take place, via Ethernet or Wifi.

I need to take place through ethernet. so that my wifi is not crowded.

My objective is simple. Instead of spending 10K to get dedicated mesh routers,I want to get it done via two C6 routers (~3k each). 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:One Mesh-Solution
2020-08-19 08:07:03 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:02:18

@ssrahul96 

Hello,

Unfortunately, the answer is no. The OneMesh™ router such as C6 can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

For more questions about Onemesh, please refer to the below FAQ:
Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

Please be aware that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:One Mesh-Solution
2020-08-19 08:07:03 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:02:18

@ssrahul96 

Hello,

Unfortunately, the answer is no. The OneMesh™ router such as C6 can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

For more questions about Onemesh, please refer to the below FAQ:
Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

Please be aware that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 1

Related Articles