Votes

Onemesh between two routers

2020-06-13 20:48:24 - last edited 2022-10-27 09:39:27
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi! Is it possible to make an OneMesh network between two OneMesh compatible routers, or this function works only whit a router and a range extender? Thanks!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Onemesh between two routers-Solution
2020-06-16 03:14:39 - last edited 2022-08-24 02:18:43

Update:

Via EasyMesh you will be able to build a Wireless Mesh Backhaul between TP-Link EasyMesh routers ,visit article below for more details

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Hello, I think you are inquiring this:

Q10. Can two OneMesh™ routers build a Mesh network?

A10. No. The OneMesh™ router can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

For more questions about Onemesh, please refer to the questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-23 11:50:18 - last edited 2022-11-14 12:51:28

Update on 11/15/2022:

We have provided an early release EasyMesh firmware for Archer AX55, which allows you to connect two Archer AX55 wirelessly to build a wireless mesh network.

Visit the below thread to get the firmware:

Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello @ftibor and everyone who is looking for Onemesh between two routers,

I'm updating here to let you know that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
193 Reply
2020-06-16 03:14:39 - last edited 2022-08-24 02:18:43

Update:

Via EasyMesh you will be able to build a Wireless Mesh Backhaul between TP-Link EasyMesh routers ,visit article below for more details

Hello, I think you are inquiring this:

Q10. Can two OneMesh™ routers build a Mesh network?

A10. No. The OneMesh™ router can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

For more questions about Onemesh, please refer to the questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2020-09-23 10:05:23 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

What a wasted opportunity. Take a leaf out of Asus' book and their ai mesh. 

Options
2020-11-06 02:30:23 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Solla-topee Really it sucks. A repeater o PLC does not have same performance than routers. And I prefers Routers as Archer A6 rather than Deco Mesh. And I cannot build a OneMesh solution with 2 Archer A6. Waste of money. Let's Change for Asus Mesh Solution. 

Options
2020-11-06 06:54:12 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@ANDRESF 

Hello, sorry to disappoint you, while it is the current firmware design.

We will record all of your opinions and feedback to the developers, they will evaluate if it is possible to make a new firmware in the future to build up the Onemesh network between two Onemesh routers.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Options
2020-11-21 17:25:00 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Kevin_Z It is outrageous that two routers can't create 1 OneMesh network or be in the same OneMesh network! I bought two Archer C7 routers (V5.0)!!!

When you state that a router supports OneMesh, you expect that them to work toghetter in the same OneMesh network! There isn't a single word on the page of OneMesh that this isn't possible! No, where do you need to find that info?! On a well hidden Q&A page. I can't even find the page by myself! If the link wasn't posted here I would have never know about it.

I already bought so many products of TP-Link because I truly think that your products are good, but every time when I receive the products and start setting them up I'm disapointed. When is this gonna stop?!

I truly hope that there is a firmware update on its way to fix this and make this possible. 

Options
2020-11-23 02:35:05 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Matti_VM 

Hello, thanks a lot again for your suggestions, as I have replied earlier that this has been reported to the developers, while they will need to evaluate if this can be added on the current firmware, we hope you could understand it.

If you have just bought it, please contact your reseller and see if they can help replace one with an Onemesh RE, thanks.

Options
2020-11-23 16:12:13 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

please note this TP link, I have multiple routers and a very specific use case with a big building. For me it would also be useful if I can make a gigantic mesh network with the one mesh compatible routers. I don't wanna use extenders, the routers that i have are one mesh compatible. It would be logical while you have for example deco sets to give OneMesh routers the ability to mesh too. People who already have like a C6, C7,C80 and want better internet the gaming room of their child at the second floor to have them buy another c6 and make them mesh. For me the deco sets are not versatile enough, because they lack ports. My company at home has three C7's and two C6's (slowly expended over time). And next to that i have 4 Gigabit 8 port switches for al the computers. In this use case it would be incredible to make this a Mesh with software upgrade, cause I will be able to keep everything the same.

Another tip for software makers: Make all onemesh and mesh(deco) devices as interchangble and compatible as possible. So you can have a bunch of routers and deco points all over the place and mesh them together as one big wifi network.

Options
2020-11-24 16:50:45 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

Onemesh is in many ways seems to be crippled in more ways than one.

Only 1 router supported.
No wired backhaul for range extenders. I just bought a range extender only to find this out! Boo. All other mesh products support wired backhaul by default. 

The Deco line of products on the other hand, is good, except that it's a severely limited router, and for my model, seems to be having connectioni issues with long running devices.

Options
2021-01-13 09:38:47 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

did you get any feedback from developers, if it will be possible to build up the Onemesh network between two Onemesh routers in the future? Are they working on that? 

Thanks

Options
2021-01-13 10:32:05 - last edited 2021-07-26 01:25:27

@John887 

Not yet, sorry.

Options

Information

Helpful: 51

Views: 74344

Replies: 196

Voters 42