Deco 5 add a router with more configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-06 14:56:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Havae Virgin Media Hub 3 (in Modem mode) connected to a deco M 5.

The Deco 5 is acting as the router. I was wondering is there another TP router I can buy with more features and a local IP address login that would work with the Deco 5. I just dont enjoy using the app on the phone its a bit clunky.

All my Deco 5s have ethernet backhaul , as in they are all connected back to a switch that does to the main Deco M5 router. 

I need another point too so I would use the spare m5 then as the extra unit.

So Im looking for something that I can use the same SSID as the Deco 5 and move around the house seemlessly.

Is this possible?

cheers.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco 5 add a router with more configuration
2019-08-07 03:10:08

@RoRoS 

The Deco network can build up mesh network with Deco series, while for other wireless router, they still can work together, and you can change the wifi name to the same one; but they cannot create a mesh wifi system together. To manage the Deco units, we still need use the Deco app.

Meanwhile, there is a web UI available, even though there are not much advanced feature supported, you can use the web UI to manage the Deco or update the firmware.

Besides, once you setup the Deco units, you do not have to use the Deco app unless you need change some settings. 

Options
Re:Re:Deco 5 add a router with more configuration
2019-08-08 15:35:18

Deco M5 or M4R should have same interface in router mode has other tp-link routers...

quite limited unfortunelly

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco 5 add a router with more configuration
2019-08-09 01:37:52

@Marcelo77 

There are some difference between Deco M5 and Deco M4R. Click here to get more information. 

And when they build up a mesh wifi system together, the Deco M5 will be the main Deco. 

Best regards. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco 5 add a router with more configuration
2019-08-13 15:12:41

Hi there

i am facing freezes on my TV when my set-top-box from my ISP is connected via wifi.

they have said to me that the repeater should have IGMP snooping v3

does the DECO M4R have it?

my operator is MEO - Altice in Portugal

service is IPTV with 4k box that uses 5g

thanks

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Deco 5 add a router with more configuration
2019-08-14 08:28:56

@Marcelo77 

Have replied to you on another thread. 

Good day. 

Options